AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   B5 Models (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b5-models-69/)
-   -   DV relocation??? (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b5-models-69/dv-relocation-94846/)

MIMOSA 03-12-2008 11:40 PM

DV relocation???

Hi there, I am a new member and have found this forum very useful. Just have 2 questions if anyone could help would be great.
1, my car has excessive lag of the line for a stock B5. I asume its the DV and would be replacing it soon, would you agree?
2, I have searched and did not see anyone swapping the DV around with the valve on top of it. My theory in doing so would give more room to use other DV's and room to adjust if need be. Has anyone tried this and could you see if there is going to be a problem?
Cheers

B5 owns 03-13-2008 12:04 AM

RE: DV relocation???

What are you trying to say? you want to relocate your dv to the top of the engine? I dont think it would work very well and would probable give you even more lag.

MIMOSA 03-13-2008 12:33 AM

I figured while I replace the DV I may as well replace it in the top position for easy future access, but were not sure what problems may arrise. And not sure if the valves are interchangable. Are the tubular sizes the same on both the valves?

Lazer Viking 03-13-2008 12:43 AM

both valves ?

any turbo car will have lag off the line... just launch higher in the rpm's

feerocknok 03-13-2008 12:57 AM

If you buy a nice valve, you'll never touch it again. It's not worth your time to think about considering relocating it.

Audi_Skydiver 03-13-2008 01:17 AM

I am thinking you think that a DV is the same as a BOV by your statement about adjusting it. A DV is NOT a BOV. You can't adjust a DV (unless you are just putting different springs it it depending on what valve it is).

Josh

acollicott 03-13-2008 01:26 AM

After replacing the DV the first time you know what your doing. I can take mine out, grease it, change the spring, and have it back in under 5 minutes. Considering all the time it would take to relocate it and how it would probably make things worse I wouldn't worry about it

MIMOSA 03-13-2008 01:49 AM

Thanks for the advice, I'll prob just swap a 710n in and leave it at that.

pimphell 03-13-2008 09:26 AM

yeh, I wouldn't even try to move it. It would be senseless. When I removed the DV setup in mine I moved the BOV to the intake side of the car though. So if you decide to remove the DV setup entirely, you might want to consider that. I tell you what, full boost, thenswitching gears is much smoother when a BOV is on the intake manifold side of the car.

cincyTT 03-13-2008 12:24 PM

ORIGINAL: pimphell

yeh, I wouldn't even try to move it. It would be senseless.
I guess someone missed dv/bov class. The closer to the TB the better the valve functions. It reduces respool time, decrease the chance of surge, and the cooler air has less effect on a diaphram valve (ie 710n).