B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

:: ECS Tuning :: ECS B5 A4 Exact Fit Stainless Steel Brake Lines - Now Available !!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 02:47 PM
ECS Tuning
Default :: ECS Tuning :: ECS B5 A4 Exact Fit Stainless Steel Brake Lines - Now Available !!!

Click HERE to order or for more information.

ECS Exact-Fit Stainless Steel Brake Lines

ECS Stainless steel brake lines offer improved pedal modulation and stiffer pedal feel over the stock lines. While stock brake lines are fabricated from a reinforced rubber they can still increase in diameter when pedal pressure is applied. The result is a spongier pedal feel as some of the master cylinder pressure is wasted "inflating" the soft lines.

Braided stainless steel Teflon cored lines offer superior resistance to deformation under high pressure compared to rubber. All stainless lines are manufactured exclusively for ECS Tuning to exact specifications. Finished lines are then covered with a water/dirt resistant vinyl coating greatly increasing safety and lifespan of the line. The ECS Stainless Steel brake line kits are DOT approved and a direct fit for your B5 A4.

Old 09-03-2008, 04:01 PM
3rd Gear

oOoo shiney.... i was waiting till next year when my rotors wear out to do an A8 upgrade and stainless lines while im at it. is there any super special audiforums discount that might make me buy em now?

Old 09-03-2008, 06:32 PM

nice

Old 09-04-2008, 08:08 PM
3rd Gear

Seems like a good price too. Anyone tried them yet?

Old 09-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Site Moderator

ECS products are always great, and most don't mind paying a premium when ordering from such a well established company with a great selection. However, they will not get my business again until they drop their shipping costs. $11+ for shipping is ridiculous for something that weighs less than 2lbs and is delivered within the same state it was shipped from.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:50 PM
2nd Gear

try having things shipped to canada lol gets a bit expensive.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:58 PM
Site Moderator

I bet! But seriously, I have ordered from many different companies and ECS has by far the highest shipping costs. I have been doing some rough math over the last hour and on average their shipping is 30% more than most others. Sucks, I'd love to give them my business since they are in my home state. Unfortunately, I can order the same or similar parts from halfway accross the country and pay less. I'm not trying to bash ECS, like I said, great company, great products, and great customer service the couple times I had to use it, just jacked up shipping.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:29 PM
2nd Gear

will cost me $49 to ship those braided lines to my house. i like that cana-ease saver option tho, i dont have to pay anything when delivered, when 034 ships, i have to pay usually around 15bucks on cod plus shipping fees which really in the end work out to be about the same as ecs. those are the 2 companys i buy things from anyways.