B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

brake pad suggestions??

Old 04-15-2009, 02:35 AM
Default brake pad suggestions??

so i'm redoing my brakes and i wanted some opinions on pads... i am most likely looking at getting either ebc greenstuff or some hawk hps' any input on these.. or possibly some other alternatives??

Old 04-15-2009, 02:43 AM

Either go with the Greenstuff or Redstuff. Both have very minimal brake dust residue compared to others. I had Redstuff on my 94 Prelude before I sold it. It did wonders for my silver rims. My rims now look as though they are gunmetal so I am going to put them on my Audi.

Old 04-15-2009, 05:00 AM
1st Gear

Greenstuff is good. A small investment in any case, might as well use something proper.

Old 04-21-2009, 11:27 PM
1st Gear

I tried greenstuff on a camry years ago. Short life, soft pedal and lots of dust. Won't do that again.

Old 04-21-2009, 11:29 PM
Administrator

I'm running Carbotech. I would suggest it as they create less dust compare to the others.

Old 04-22-2009, 01:50 AM
1st Gear

just got pbr ceramics w/ sensors off ecs for around 55...Seem to be working fine and very minimal dust

Old 04-22-2009, 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by audiA4gm
just got pbr ceramics w/ sensors off ecs for around 55...Seem to be working fine and very minimal dust
dude i got those same ones (PBR Ceramics off of ECS) about a month ago, and the braking is good, and the dust is alright but the most annoying thing is the noise!! they squeal like crazy..... do you have this problem too??
i did the front only and it seems to be coming from the front.
and i noticed its only under rather light braking...
i already tried the break parts cleaner spray sh|t and it didnt seem to do anything. im thinkin about trying it again.... I've also heard that some cars do that with ceramic pads!
any ideas???
didnt mean to hijack ur thread dude. sry!!
so heres my .02
I'd get Ceramic pads... i dont focus too much on brands!

Old 04-22-2009, 06:17 AM
2nd Gear

for my a4 i ave the ebc redstuff all the way around with ecs slotted and drilled rotors and the stop like no other pad i have had before the only draw basck to them is that they need to warm up a little, it only takes 2-3 mild stops and they are warm which is ok because you should be hot rodding a turbo car from a cold start any ways.

the dust factory isn't a zero but it isn't horible either but they do put some dust on the wheels, but nothing like the factory pads from audi

Old 04-22-2009, 10:41 AM
2nd Gear

you should just upgrade to the A8 brakes w/ TT carriers

Old 04-22-2009, 11:47 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by mexican47
dude i got those same ones (PBR Ceramics off of ECS) about a month ago, and the braking is good, and the dust is alright but the most annoying thing is the noise!! they squeal like crazy..... do you have this problem too??
i did the front only and it seems to be coming from the front.
and i noticed its only under rather light braking...
i already tried the break parts cleaner spray sh|t and it didnt seem to do anything. im thinkin about trying it again.... I've also heard that some cars do that with ceramic pads!
any ideas???
didnt mean to hijack ur thread dude. sry!!
so heres my .02
I'd get Ceramic pads... i dont focus too much on brands!
yo man, I also only did the front, but no problems yet!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: brake pad suggestions??