AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   B5 Models (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b5-models-69/)
-   -   Help 99.5 audi a4 stuttering (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b5-models-69/help-99-5-audi-a4-stuttering-154406/)

emily0918 08-09-2010 10:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 7844

thats the picture of the hole, hope fixing that fixes everything!

chocalotstarfish 08-09-2010 10:23 PM

Holy shit! yeah fix that!

emily0918 08-09-2010 10:52 PM

its getting fixed tomorrow : ) just a little annoyed the audi mechanic couldn't find that, and I dont work on cars and one look and I could tell something was wrong, they charged me over 800 in parts 'trying' to fix the stuttering, and the other mechanic told me it was my transmission slipping so I put a new one in! haha i have some bad luck! I will let you know how it runs after I get it fixed, thank you guys for your help! I really appriciate it! :)

emily0918 08-10-2010 04:21 PM

so went to get the hose fixed, the place told me that has no effect on the stuttering, and is now trying to charge me 250.00 for a fuel filter and air filter. is it just me or is that an outrageous price for that?! they told me it is my coil pack not the huge hole in the hose, but they already tested my coils last week (when stuttering was still happening) and said that they were fine.:confused:

morpheous 08-10-2010 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by emily0918 (Post 1229696)
so went to get the hose fixed, the place told me that has no effect on the stuttering, and is now trying to charge me 250.00 for a fuel filter and air filter. is it just me or is that an outrageous price for that?! they told me it is my coil pack not the huge hole in the hose, but they already tested my coils last week (when stuttering was still happening) and said that they were fine.:confused:

its obvious that they are bending you over and fucking you,i mean damn,the least they could do is ask if you want some lube,before the fucking but they goin in raw on you man -_-

onepoint8tee 08-10-2010 06:10 PM

Wow I can't believe it's not the ICM. Sorry about that. Move on to a shop that specializes in VW and Audi if the following fails- Although people replace them sometimes for preventative maintenance, fuel filters are never the cause of any issues with these cars... The shop is just taking guesses at this point. Worse guesses than we are. A clogged air filter won't make it misfire or stutter. That huge hole under the manifold actually wont make it stutter, either. But it should be fixed. It's just for egr flow which may affect your mpg slightly. The last thing to check is your maf. Unplug it and drive it around and see what happens. If it improves then thats your problem. A bad maf can cause a mix of issues including misfires. Just don't drive around much with it unplugged. Also do you know if your ecu is chipped? If you're not sure, regap your plugs to .030 and see what happens. That is a safe gap for stock or chipped. Stock gapping would be too large if it's chipped. You DID adjust the gap on them before you put them in, right?

emily0918 08-10-2010 08:05 PM

This shop actually does specialize in audi, they are an audi shop, which is weird. they have been guessing all along,and its starating to get annoying. They are putting parts in my car without asking and then charging me, 300 for the ICM, 250 for an air filter and fuel filter, 100 dollars to clean the MAF(which they say is fine), now they tell me its the coil pack,which i mentioned the first time, Now i'm a girl and don't know alot about cars, but I think they are just taking my money now.
I didn't gap the plugs, they said they came gapped for stock audis. MY ECU is not chipped. I bought NGK's the audi dealer said thats what is stock, and I didnt think they needed to be gapped. Was I misinformed?
Before I brought the car in the CEL was saying misfire in cylinder three and guess what? its cylinder 3's coil pack thats gone (thats what they believe), which i mentioned the first time I brought the car in 3 weeks ago and about 600 dollars earlier.

onepoint8tee 08-10-2010 10:15 PM

Wow I thought coil packs had been ruled out a while ago, too. This is horrible. If they are really putting parts in without asking and charging you- you need to speak with the service manager and inform him/her of this. That is completely shady if they are doing work that you didn't authorize. You need to at least see if you can get a discount or money back for unecessary labor, if not parts, too.

morpheous 08-11-2010 04:17 AM

Yeah,they are taking you to the cleaners and probably laughing at you,when you leave,saying..."we robbing this chick".

You should definitely talk to the head cheese and complain about this,they should never install or do work on your car,without your authorization/consent.

They are shady as shit. Demand a refund on all work done and tell them to install the parts they took out,then take it somewhere else,this time taking your boyfriend or husband along,so they don't try any funny business next time.

emily0918 08-11-2010 07:59 AM

I have talked to the owner already, and he says " well those things needed to be done anyway so we were just helping you" and that he would take the fuel filter and stuff back but he can't re sell them because i used them. And i said, yeah but i didnt has you to put them in, i could have bought them for way cheaper myself. and he claims that they are doing me a favor by helping me, and that i need to pay them to get my car back.