B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

had a great time at the drag strip!

Old 05-05-2010, 05:02 PM
2nd Gear
Default had a great time at the drag strip!

NOT... ugh. long story, thought i would just post a pic for now and vent after class.

Name:  3626af1f.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  44.2 KB

Old 05-05-2010, 07:58 PM
Tech Guru

I like that shine and that color. What brand of wax do you use?

Old 05-05-2010, 08:05 PM
3rd Gear

Your car is pretty, we need more story.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:21 PM
2nd Gear

k so i have no problem chirping / spinning the tires on pavement, i practiced probably 20 times before the drag strip (absolutely looove my ceramic 6 puck stage 4 clutchmasters clutch that i put in there when i got it !!) but sadly i got there, paid my money, passed the joke of an inspection, and got up to the staging area only to find out im retarded and forgot to wear long pants so i couldnt run.... and i literally asked 100 people (including the guys from Arizona from evoms ha) to borrow their pants ... it was pretty chilly out so no one would let me use them (dont blame them!) but idk if i could have made a pass in the 14's... this car capable of that?! even Ryan with the mk5 gti had a best run of 15.0xx and i would be surprised if i could keep up with that thing! who knows.

when i got to the staging area and he saw i had shorts on hes like just drive right on through you cant drag... wtf... and so i jsut stopped to see if they would let me and i stopped and launched it and gave it a run anyhow (didnt get a time or anything, and my slip had X's through everything, lame) but my friend video'd it ill have to compare that video with some others see how they compare for the hell of it

Old 05-05-2010, 08:28 PM
3rd Gear

Whaaat. That's interesting, never heard of that before. I wonder why that is.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:44 PM
Site Moderator/B5 Tech Guru

Glad to hear you disrespecting the rules of the establishment.

Old 05-06-2010, 04:18 AM
4th Gear

did u at least get your money back? they should have paid attention before they let u pay so its their fault for having stupid *** rules and non perceptive sales people lol

Old 05-06-2010, 08:19 AM
2nd Gear

yeah i got my money back. i told them i only got to run once (and didnt get a slip) so i got lucky i guess. cant complain i had a blast. evoms came up from AZ and brought a 1080 rwhp porsche. will post vids. but it broke down. but who care evoms ftw! (have their fmic lol)

Old 05-06-2010, 10:21 AM
4th Gear

Yeah that is a standard rule in drag racing, always has been and always will be. lol

You could have left and ran to a store to get a pair of pants or found someone that had a pair of sweat pants. But that does suck that you didn't get to make a run and see what you actually ran. You plan on going back and what elevation is the track?

Tech inspections for street cars are pretty simple. Check to see if the battery is tied down, check for missing lug nuts/bolts and see if it has a seat belt for the driver.

Those guys took one of those to NJ and ran it in the 9's at 149 mph, then got kicked off the track for not having a chute.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:34 AM
2nd Gear

Yeah ill post some vids after class.... still had a GREAT time there regardless. the guy who owned my car previously for 7 years (only other owner besides the person who leased it) ran at the same track and ran a 14.8 and that was without this clutch and without a test pipe. so i think i could run a 14.7 or lower if i got a good launch. lol here is a REALLY shitty video of taking off. i need to learn how to launch... (since this video though i am much better... i can squeal the tires every time!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cont93bSxK4

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: had a great time at the drag strip!