AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   B5 Models (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b5-models-69/)
-   -   Just Got my ECU Back from SpeedTuning (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b5-models-69/just-got-my-ecu-back-speedtuning-114182/)

Jc61990 09-28-2008 06:30 PM

Just Got my ECU Back from SpeedTuning

ok, so i never got onepoint8tee's seccond message on the group buy about not sending the ecu with the payment, so i sent mine out with the payment, and got my ecu done and sent back.....

Ok so.. i installed my ECU waited about 5 min with the key in ACC engine off so the TB can recalibrate... started car after 5 min... and it started fine.. fan belt was squeaking a little then got louder dunno why....

ok so i still had my MBC installed and set to 10psi so i went for a test drive... i opened the car up and didnt feel much.. so i stopped raised my mbc a few turns then went off for another drive... as i was going to make a u-turn so i can go back on the straight road, my car started shaking like crazy when my wheel was turned all the way left... then my car died when i put it in reverse... i fell like the first person ever to stall an automatic... well back on track... started car back up and took off. i was boosting about 13psi and still didnt feel anything, so i went home.. got here sent onepoint8tee and speedtuning an email if there was something special i needed to do, onepoint told me remove the MBC and reconnect my n75. did that, when back out for a drive. went down the same road i always do, after being yelled at by some lady i dont know to slow down, i made a turn on to the long straight road put it in tiptronic and gave it hell, boost gauge flew up to 17psi and once i shifted into 3rd, i scared the hell out of me. my car just took off, front end picked up and my turbo was screaming. i was going about 65-70 down a 35, and it felt like i was going 140, it threw me into the seat. man it was fun.... well now the sad part is today i had to get an inspection, and i failed :( i need to drive another 100 miles so they can get an accurate reading. other than that, amazing chip. even tho ive done this before but i blew away my friends accord and we started at about a 30mph roll and he started 4 cars ahead of me and i still blew him away by 4 cars :P

hiwords 09-28-2008 06:38 PM

wuttt. i shoulda sent mine in like you did. i'm glad you like it. be careful with it now and don't go too crazy but have fun lol

Jc61990 09-28-2008 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by hiwords (Post 957876)
wuttt. i shoulda sent mine in like you did. i'm glad you like it. be careful with it now and don't go too crazy but have fun lol

im gona get my car dyno'd to see what im running, then probly in a few weeks or months get a dp and exhaust and a tune, then dyno again

Jc61990 09-28-2008 07:23 PM

hmm... jason told me to make a review and never replied.. how sad... D:

onepoint8tee 09-28-2008 07:28 PM

Glad you got it worked out. It would be nice to hear everyone's personal experience with the chip. A dyno would be badass considering of all the members w/speedtuning, no one has done it yet. Let see a 0-60 pull on the speedo!

A4speed 09-28-2008 07:38 PM

my friend has an 01 Audi TT and I told him about the deal that was going on. im assuming the deal is done?

Jc61990 09-28-2008 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by onepoint8tee (Post 957929)
Glad you got it worked out. It would be nice to hear everyone's personal experience with the chip. A dyno would be badass considering of all the members w/speedtuning, no one has done it yet. Let see a 0-60 pull on the speedo!

yea, my dad said i should have gotten a dyno before i sent out my ecu to see a difference

onepoint8tee 09-28-2008 08:00 PM

He can try giving speedtuning a call to get in on it. They need payment by the 30th to get in on the GB, but a phone call couldn't hurt. I'll need his name and car info if he ends up doing it.

flynnr 09-29-2008 11:47 AM

lol wow that really scarred me.... i just sent in my ECU this mornin, and started to read that i was like no no no whyd i fall for this BS...

so thanks for that, but im glad you got yours with no hassle or trouble!

SOOOO

what are the steps we are supposed to take after we get our ECU back?? i dont really want to ride in my car if its goign to shutter or anything id rather have it work correctly for fear it will jar something loose or idk, but anyone installed theirs yet on a manual? hit me back!!

onepoint8tee 09-29-2008 12:27 PM

Some people are going to have issues. It's just the way it goes. But they should work themselves out. DBW engines will take longer to adapt, and you'll probably go into limp mode every now and then for a while until it fully adapts. I had about a week of inconsistant performance with GIAC when I first got it. JC wouldn't have had a problem if he was using the n75 by itself in the first place. You might even have a rough/hard start every now and then during the first couple weeks. So I'm just saying that the ecu DOES go through a learning process after the chip and you might experience inconsistancy for a bit.