B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

RP Turbos.. i think they got something here

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 09:24 PM
2nd Gear
Default RP Turbos.. i think they got something here

So im in the new hunt for a turbo.. not so sure what im gunna do as of yet, kinda depends on money and whether or not i wanna spend it.. which i reallllly do.. but then the little angel on my shoulder says WTF is wrong with you.. and the devil one says you drive an audi.. you know whats wrong with you..

so in my searching obviously ive stumbled upon the RPturbo company.. most of you guys prolly know by reading on other forums like i have they are a Canadian based company, backed by JHM Motorsports in Cali, ECS Tuning and Kinetic Motorsports.. these companies took on these turbos and are selling them.. they have been tested by JHM and RP and are said to hold up just as good if not better than the BW's.. their housings are made in china.. which turns some people away, but they include the same nickel content as the BWs cause these are supposed to be a direct replica.. also all the internals are made from german, canadian and american parts..

like alot of people say if a turbo is faulty it will **** the bed in a few days, but given the quality of parts they are using, this shouldnt be the case.. and if it is they will replace it for up to a year.. and honestly if were looking to upgrade to a K04.. i feel like there is no reason not to give this a shot..

i dont know if i will end up going K04.. but id love to.. and im pretty much sold on these turbos.. there are guys running them on A6's with high boost and have been for between 2-5k miles which i know isnt alot in the grand scheme of telling whether or not a turbo will hold up for 50k+ miles.. but they are doing excellent..

Old 01-30-2010, 09:32 PM
Thumbs up

Sounds good to me. I was just gonna buy an ebay k04 and plan on switching it out in three months lol post up if you go through with it

Old 01-31-2010, 01:41 AM
2nd Gear

haha i will.. i heard these guys were selling on ebay to begin with but they werent getting any publicity.. but now that they are selling thru extremely reputable companies im really feeling good about these guys.. JHM, ECS, and Kinetic wouldnt sell products they didnt believe in to be quality.. be careful about those ebay turbos tho! ive heard they are pretty much junk.. these guys give a good price and will stand by their turbo for a year.. even if youre modded.. Borg Warner wont touch a turbo thats run on a modified engine even after 1 day.. but these guys will.. thats legit if you ask me

Old 01-31-2010, 08:21 AM
Administrator

Sounds promising - besure to keep us updated (lol like you wouldn't - anyone upgrading a turbo around here doesn't exactly keep it a secret ). It sounds like they're promising. You might even check the Zine and Vortex and see what anyone there has to say - maybe you can talk to others who have bought them already...?

Old 01-31-2010, 02:17 PM
Actual WIZARD

k04? WTF k03s will own you! Haha k04s are nice, and definately upgrade the intake/heatsheild/exhaust to keep your car happy