AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   B5 Models (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b5-models-69/)
-   -   S4 bov? (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b5-models-69/s4-bov-167767/)

poopsman 04-17-2011 04:50 PM

A4 bov

sup everyone, so new to forums obviously lol. Just picked up a 01 s4 1.8 yesterday. car has about 170k miles but have to admit it runs better and smoother then my rsx-s with 60k lol at anycase wanted to get people opinion before i start doing any mods to the car, plan on keeping exterior the way it is stock, but mod the engine. I've heard people having trouble with certain type turbo etc etc. So what i'd like to know is what brand should i avoid if any, also wanna get a bov, so any suggestion what be cool.

ImTheDevil 04-17-2011 04:53 PM

Is it an S4 or a 1.8T? They're two different cars. As for the blowoff valve, read the FAQ sticky post at the top of the forum for why it's not the best idea.

Audisaurus 04-17-2011 05:00 PM

this is bad news bears

evelluser 04-17-2011 06:24 PM

Blow off valves actually are possible to use on these cars. Whether if its cause you get it tuned for it, or just set it up correctly. I read an article on audizine about it. Pretty much, you just have to adjust the spring in the BOV to the toughest one and add a couple washers until you're car doesn't stumble at idle. I'll see if I can find the article. It was a good read. But, if you're not too worried about going strictly BOV, you can get a hybrid valve that has both a blow off for the "wapooooosh" sound you're after and also has a diverter valve to keep the car at stock setting.

bradtyler02 04-17-2011 06:24 PM

^agreed, with the first two responses...

Not so much the third guy;)

BaseDrifter 04-17-2011 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by evelluser (Post 1305430)
Blow off valves actually are possible to use on these cars. Whether if its cause you get it tuned for it, or just set it up correctly. I read an article on audizine about it. Pretty much, you just have to adjust the spring in the BOV to the toughest one and add a couple washers until you're car doesn't stumble at idle. I'll see if I can find the article. It was a good read. But, if you're not too worried about going strictly BOV, you can get a hybrid valve that has both a blow off for the "wapooooosh" sound you're after and also has a diverter valve to keep the car at stock setting.

Sure, it can be done with enough money and modifications.

The methods that you describe though, no, sorry.

In fact, I wouldn't take any of the advice you just posted besides getting a proper MAFless tune.

audiltr 04-17-2011 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Audisaurus (Post 1305411)
this is bad news bears

Haha +1 audisaurus!!

Audisaurus 04-17-2011 07:05 PM

still dont know if its an s4 or 1.8t and a bov would work way way way way way down the road. that is never a first mod for a 1.8 S4.:p

poopsman 04-17-2011 07:40 PM

according o the papers it says 2001 Audi A4 1.8T
170hp DOCH urbo 4-cyl , 5 speed manual
there's more technical highlights but i felt its not important to post those, but thank you everyone for the comment negetive or positive, i just want to make sure that this car doesn't end up looking or even acting like a bean/ricer ,(no offence to anyone)

Audisaurus 04-17-2011 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by poopsman (Post 1305454)
according o the papers it says 2001 Audi A4 1.8T
170hp DOCH urbo 4-cyl , 5 speed manual
there's more technical highlights but i felt its not important to post those, but thank you everyone for the comment negetive or positive, i just want to make sure that this car doesn't end up looking or even acting like a bean/ricer ,(no offence to anyone)

this contradicts the BOV (ricer) it will make noise and shit upon your car, but really read the FAQ it will explain. S4 is 2.7tt whereas the A4 is the 1.8t. Does everything on the car work? whats the mileage, before mods you will want to make it run right or it will be a whole shit storm.