AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   B5 Models (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b5-models-69/)
-   -   Speed Tuning chip (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b5-models-69/speed-tuning-chip-181540/)

livinglegend2100 04-05-2012 01:23 AM

Speed Tuning chip

Ive seen a few people mention SpeedTuning now as an affordable route for ECU tuning. but most of the reviews i have read have been for s4's and 1.8t's. I have a 30v 2.8 and after checking out their website the claim 20hp and 29tq gains for $250. Im a firm believer in "you get what you pay for" and it makes me wonder. Has anyone had experience with speed tuning on a 30v? Would i benefit from spending the extra buck on a GIAC, etc? PES offers a software upgrade for the 30v, but at twice the price and a lower claimed hp/tq gain, would i be crazy to go through pes? Any other companies i should be aware of?

redline380 04-05-2012 01:29 AM

funy you ask that. i just updated the thread about the n75 race valve. i got the speed tuning chip in a group buy on this very site for 125$. for that price id do i with a 30v. most other 30v'ers would say chips are pointless

livinglegend2100 04-05-2012 02:02 AM

yea i dont expect to shit my pants with excitement if i chip my 30v.t i but i figured for ~$200-250 if i could see ~20hp/tq increase it would be worth it. Considering how expensive anything else is for these cars. but i would like to know if speedtuning fixes that flatspot at ~3500rpm or not like the giac does. but i havent really heard much in the way of the 30v. everyone that posts up reviews is running a 1.8

vgo 04-05-2012 07:39 AM

There have been a few feedbacks from 2.8ers here on speedtuning in the past. It was quite popular. People claim they feel their V6's just a bit more responsive and peppy. I would think its probably similar effect as the Sprintbooster.

ImTheDevil 04-05-2012 11:48 AM

I drove a friend's 30v before and after that chip, and I don't believe 20hp as a peak gain on any NA engine. However, the midrange torque was definitely noticeable. The power and was linear and strong, with no flat spots. Worth the money.

vgo 04-05-2012 01:05 PM

Hmm. Lets do another group buy!

airguard350 04-05-2012 06:09 PM

I remember we had a group buy going a year or two ago for SpeedTuning chips. The reviews I read were hit and miss for 1.8T's and S4's but for the 30v they were pretty much all positive.

livinglegend2100 04-05-2012 07:39 PM

yea it sounds like for the money it would be worth it. If we could get a group buy going i would definitely jump on that.

mattleo 04-05-2012 08:33 PM

im a 2.8 30v as well and if we do a group buy im def in if some one arranges it please p.m. im basically at the point where i have no other options available besides supercharging it and im not sure if i want to get into that on this car. i have an sti which is the racer and i got the a4 to be a daily driver and instantly i started with the upgrades but i would like to chip it and see where it takes me . i have a greddy Afc which allows you to tune the fuel curve and air mixture has anyone messed with this ? it was installed in my eclipse and i know its two completely different engines but the turbo on the eclipse was so big i really didnt build boost to about 4200rpm so it was all motor before that and when i had it tuned with the afc the engine was a different animal prior to 4200 ? any ideas ? like i said i know its two completely different engines but im just wondering if anyones done it ?

redline380 04-06-2012 12:36 AM

i was very happy with my st chip, although i am 1.8. first gear kicks ass! second gear is pretty goo too. the rest fall on their ass, but thats a k03 for ya. i spike at about 17 psi in first. in fact i bought a spare ecu to get tuned for my build, and i put it in my car to make sure it works. wow is stock slow! if you guys get a group buy going, id recommend it to everyone. for 125 if you can get it for that you cant go wrong. hell, thats the cheaper than any one single thing i need to go bt