AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   B5 Models (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b5-models-69/)
-   -   Stock Sport Suspension but thats to high!!! i want it lower (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b5-models-69/stock-sport-suspension-but-thats-high-i-want-lower-122182/)

alex05 01-05-2009 10:44 PM

Stock Sport Suspension but thats to high!!! i want it lower

I have a FWD that said i been searching for springs that will lower my car more than 1.3" I only have found them for the quattro why is that. I have the stock sport springs but if i get any other after market springs like H&R neuspeed ect.... they only offer the SPORT which i think its about the same of what i have height wise. i know the better way is to go coilovers but i dont have the $$$ for that right now. are there any springs outhere that will lower my car more than the sport springs?? (for a FWD))

somebody5788 01-05-2009 10:50 PM

How low do you want and how much are you looking at spending?

alex05 01-05-2009 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by somebody5788 (Post 1019853)
How low do you want and how much are you looking at spending?

like 2" would be cool and about 300 or lower

aledelic42 01-05-2009 11:14 PM

Try posting a WTB thread on this and/or other forums? If you haven't already checked classifieds. You might have better luck.

somebody5788 01-06-2009 08:26 AM

About the only thing you can do for that kind of money is springs which the lowest I have found is about 1.4f and 1.3r for the fwd. You could look for a used set of coil overs maybe.

ghost6303 01-06-2009 09:23 AM

you dont really want to get lower springs then that without the shocks to match the lower travel. the stock shocks are designed for a set range of travel and when you change that with springs that are too low, you can damage them.

alex05 01-06-2009 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by ghost6303 (Post 1019999)
you dont really want to get lower springs then that without the shocks to match the lower travel. the stock shocks are designed for a set range of travel and when you change that with springs that are too low, you can damage them.

yeah i know that but i have the sport shocks and i heard that they can handle it, a fried of mine has a quattro with stock sport shocks and he has h&r race springs looks very good and doest feel bad.

jeffha4 01-06-2009 04:47 PM

H&R Springs

Hey, I have a quattro that had the factory sport suspension, but I got the H&R sport springs, and it lowered my car quite a noticeable amount. At the rear, I probably have maybe one finger between the fender and tire, and at the front, I have just under 2 finger spacing. Don't know if this helps or not.

Also, I kept the audi shocks, the ride hasn't been too harsh, but I will probably be upgrading to something in the near future to give a little bit softer ride.

AudiTurbo 01-06-2009 05:03 PM

Have pics?

Originally Posted by jeffha4 (Post 1020214)
Hey, I have a quattro that had the factory sport suspension, but I got the H&R sport springs, and it lowered my car quite a noticeable amount. At the rear, I probably have maybe one finger between the fender and tire, and at the front, I have just under 2 finger spacing. Don't know if this helps or not.

Also, I kept the audi shocks, the ride hasn't been too harsh, but I will probably be upgrading to something in the near future to give a little bit softer ride.

jeffha4 01-06-2009 05:26 PM

RE:Pics

I'm at work now, but I could certainly get some later. Excellent. I can use the new camera I got for xmas. Look for them later tonight.