B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Summer NY Meet feeler thread =)

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 11:02 AM
Administrator
Default Summer NY Meet feeler thread =)

OK, so I want to throw out a couple ideas for this summer’s Upstate Audi meet.* I’m thinking later July (weekend of the 22-24 or 29-31) would work out well since we just had one, several of us have car projects to work on for the next meet, and it should give us enough time to arrange everything.
First off, I’m going to talk in advance to another hotel here in town for Friday night of the meet about hooking up you guys with a room discount.* I’ll probably go with the Days Inn since I know Erik and Pat have both stayed there and had no issues.* It’s convenient to my house (12 minute drive), Front St where we meet (6-7 minutes), and a half dozen bars (4 blocks away).*
Next, you’d only be booking for one night, since Bill and I and a couple other guys were thinking about booking several adjacent campsites at Cook Park near Bill’s house (right on a lake), and camping out with bonfires, beer, BBQ, etc for Saturday night.* Camping is stupid cheap (I think it’s like $14 per site for a night and we can put several tents on one campsite), so you guys coming in from out of town will cut a good $80 off the costs of coming this time.* Chris, your fryer will be required.
Additionally, I will try and set us up for paintball this summer if there’s enough interest (I imagine there will be).* I think a paintball tournament would be a good time, especially if we get into the brews beforehand lol.
Let’s throw some ideas and feedback out here and see what everyone is interested in.* Let me know if any of this sounds good or bad and let’s get a tentative roll call and date preference too.

Old 05-16-2011, 11:07 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by ImTheDevil
OK, so I want to throw out a couple ideas for this summer’s Upstate Audi meet.* I’m thinking later July (weekend of the 22-24 or 29-31) would work out well since we just had one, several of us have car projects to work on for the next meet, and it should give us enough time to arrange everything.
First off, I’m going to talk in advance to another hotel here in town for Friday night of the meet about hooking up you guys with a room discount.* I’ll probably go with the Days Inn since I know Erik and Pat have both stayed there and had no issues.* It’s convenient to my house (12 minute drive), Front St where we meet (6-7 minutes), and a half dozen bars (4 blocks away).*
Next, you’d only be booking for one night, since Bill and I and a couple other guys were thinking about booking several adjacent campsites at Cook Park near Bill’s house (right on a lake), and camping out with bonfires, beer, BBQ, etc for Saturday night.* Camping is stupid cheap (I think it’s like $14 per site for a night and we can put several tents on one campsite), so you guys coming in from out of town will cut a good $80 off the costs of coming this time.* Chris, your fryer will be required.
Additionally, I will try and set us up for paintball this summer if there’s enough interest (I imagine there will be).* I think a paintball tournament would be a good time, especially if we get into the brews beforehand lol.
Let’s throw some ideas and feedback out here and see what everyone is interested in.* Let me know if any of this sounds good or bad and let’s get a tentative roll call and date preference too.
Any weekend is good, for me anyway. I have no issue camping. I was one of the unlucky few who booked a Rom for 2 nights and only used it for one (thanks again Bill for the arm chair and a big F U to the NY troopers staking out the house....I want $100!!!!)

Late July sounds great, how is the bug situation in mid summer? Are we permitted to drink at the campsite?

I'm down for whatever.....

Old 05-16-2011, 11:32 AM
Administrator

Drinking is encouraged, and the campground allows it too. Bugs aren't really bad with the fire going and a few citronella candles. And at least the troopers didn't bag anyone, mainly because no one was dumb enough to leave plastered.

Old 05-16-2011, 11:40 AM
3rd Gear

That sounds like a damn good time, late July is fine for me. Is marijuana encouraged at the camp site too? Just kidding. -_-

Old 05-16-2011, 11:43 AM
1st Gear

Im down!! I really dont care about the date, but I wont miss Waterfest on July 16th and 17th. I would like to book ASAP, so please guys decide on a date.

FYI, The Days Inn is offering discounted rates until the end of July I believe. Last time I checked it was like $60 on Expedia.

Last edited by dmaxn; 05-16-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:43 AM
1st Gear

July 30th only weekend I got plans right now. So I'm down for any other weekend. I'm in for paintball as well

Old 05-16-2011, 11:51 AM
3rd Gear

I live to camp so I'm definitely there. I'm with Dave, I want o make Waterfest this year....though I dint think it should interfere with the dates proposed. Glad to see some good response so quickly!!!! Hopefully we get to see some new faces!!!

Old 05-16-2011, 11:54 AM
Administrator

I hope so too. Hoping Wally and Dave will get the ACE guys to come, including Oleg and his monster S4. Any other ideas for stuff to do?

Old 05-16-2011, 12:00 PM
Administrator

I hope so too. Hoping Wally and Dave will get the ACE guys to come, including Oleg and his monster S4. Any other ideas for stuff to do?

Old 05-16-2011, 12:04 PM
2nd Gear

Great!!! Any dates work for me as long as its 3 weeks advanced so I can take those days off and actually make the whole god damn meet. I will most likely stay in Bingo with all you ******* at the campsite for the weekend.
Paintball sounds great. Never done that before but from the past experience of getting shot in the leg i would do it as long as we have alot of gear lol.
Is there fishing in the lake? Also how much parking is at the campsites? I imagine this summer will be much bigger then spring meet. I will find a lot of new guys that couldn't make this spring meet.
As for tuneups I need few things done to the car before the meet.
Control Arms (uppers)
Rotors and Pads (F & R)
Possible AUX waterpump
Re weld Swaybar Support

other then that I am ready for the summer

One more idea... Not really a meet or could be a meet but we could get people together and shoot down to NJ for six flags great adventure. They also have a campsite there on premises and from what i remember few years ago it was a good time.

Quick Reply: Summer NY Meet feeler thread =)