AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   B5 Models (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b5-models-69/)
-   -   Swapping S4 seats into A4 1.8t (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b5-models-69/swapping-s4-seats-into-a4-1-8t-187707/)

T-Wall 09-27-2012 03:14 AM

Swapping S4 seats into A4 1.8t

So I want to find some S4 seats at a wrecker to swap into my 2000 A4q 1.8t.

I'm assuming that the S4 seats are power adjustable (am I right?) so in addition to just unbolting and switching out the seats, I'll have to do some electrical work as well. What are the specifics for this, is it simple plug and play? Is the capacity already there for the A4 to accept power adjustable seats?

Also, am I limited to S4 seats from a B5? There are some really nice seats from a B6 S4 in my area that I'd like to get my hands on if the swap is do-able

jonbonesjones 09-27-2012 07:49 AM

manual to manual power to power is always a direct swap. the mounts are different for each but they are both there. I have never seen an s4 in a junk yard. Im selling a set but I doubt your going to want to pay shipping to Canada.

redline380 09-27-2012 08:31 AM

from what i know it all depends on if you have power lumbar. if you do, the there is no wiring needed i believe because the power plug is already on your a4 seat. headted seats seem to hook right up as for the whole mounting of the seats, i have no idea. i just picked up a whole set of s4 seats with door cards for $50. they need recovering so after that is done i might post pictures. but i have an 01 and the power connections are there and look the same. airbag wire looks the same as does heated seat wires. i think all i gotta do is mount them properly

T-Wall 09-27-2012 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by jonbonesjones (Post 1405325)
manual to manual power to power is always a direct swap. the mounts are different for each but they are both there. I have never seen an s4 in a junk yard. Im selling a set but I doubt your going to want to pay shipping to Canada.

Where are you located? I often have things shipped to Sumas, WA which is just over the border and about a 40 minute drive for me to go pick up, so if it would be cheap enough to ship to there I might be interested. What colour are yours?

jonbonesjones 09-27-2012 03:50 PM

black and im on the east coast in md.

i can ship them for you its no problem, its just a matter of you wanting to pay it.

Skythe 09-27-2012 04:51 PM

IIRC it's a direct swap, Power to Power and Manual to Manual. If you're swapping from manual to power, you're going to have to have the mounts properly welded down.

I thought 1.8Ts did not come with the option for power seats where 2.8s and S4s did.

T-Wall 09-28-2012 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by jonbonesjones (Post 1405378)
black and im on the east coast in md.

i can ship them for you its no problem, its just a matter of you wanting to pay it.

want to PM or email me some pics? I'm sure the shipping will be outrageously priced, but I wouldn't mind seeing what they're like to compare to what is in my area and the price the wrecker wants

T-Wall 09-28-2012 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Skythe (Post 1405385)
IIRC it's a direct swap, Power to Power and Manual to Manual. If you're swapping from manual to power, you're going to have to have the mounts properly welded down.

I thought 1.8Ts did not come with the option for power seats where 2.8s and S4s did.

Yeah my 1.8t is manual so that's the main reason I posted up. Was there the option for manual seats with the S4? And even if there was, I would think that would be difficult to find; in my mind, anyone ponying up the dough for a new S4 would opt for power seats in the price range for that car....but I could be wrong.

T-Wall 09-28-2012 01:03 AM

Parting Out: 2001 Audi S4 B5 Quattro 6-speed

PARTING OUT: 2004 AUDI S4 B6 QUATTRO 6-SPEED

These are the 2 cars I'm after for their seats. Not sure if the B6 will work though...any input? Might grab the wheels off one of them as well if I can do some bargaining.

Skythe 09-28-2012 02:12 AM

I think most, if not all S4s, had power seats. If you're going swap in power seats, you're going to have to have the mounts welded down properly (extra plate to distribute the stress from the mounting points) so it shouldn't really matter what car you get the seats from. They'll have to be welded down anyways.