B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

ebay success!!

Old 11-22-2011, 03:28 PM
Legal Moderator
Default ebay success!!

So I'm pretty excited. My abs has been out since last time I hanged wheel bearings two years ago. Believe that thing was a death trap in icy and snowy conditions. In fact I ran right off the end of my driveway with all four tires locked up into the ditch on the other side of the road. So I finally bought a new abs sensor but I didn't wanna pay $150 on ecs so I got one on eBay for 23 and it works! Took a little while but it worked! These means I now have zero lights on my dash which is pretty good for a b5. On an unrelated note I'm buying the special Mac tool for Audi polydrive head bolts which I'll loan out to anyone who needs it. I broke a regular 10mm polydrive putting my head bolts in and the Mac guy said the make a special one with a strong shank just for Audi head bolts.

Old 11-22-2011, 04:42 PM
2nd Gear

I have both the poly-drive and triple square tools if anyone needs them

Old 11-22-2011, 04:43 PM
I'm make believe

I did mine a few weeks back. Got it for about the same from amazon and took about 15mins to install and with no tools needed besides removing the wheel. Makes you wonder why it took so long to do this.

Old 11-22-2011, 04:44 PM

Great to hear! I've been running on inexpensive Ebay ABS sensors (both of my front ones) since September '10, little over a year, with excellent success. They aren't much more than a magnet with wires so there's no reason to spend ridiculous amounts of money on them (IMO).

Old 11-22-2011, 04:45 PM
I'm make believe

You can get a triple square set from auto zone for pretty cheap. A must have for axle shafts.

Old 11-22-2011, 05:24 PM
Legal Moderator

Originally Posted by cincyTT
Makes you wonder why it took so long to do this.
no ****. the main reason was my wheel bearing went out in the front drivers side. i messed up drilling the pinch bolt out and went out the side so i bought i another knuckle without an abs sensor in it. i ran that one for a few days until the sensor came in the mail and bam its like new. for now...
You can get a triple square set from auto zone for pretty cheap. A must have for axle shafts.
thats what i did. i bought an aeb head off someone but had to remove it myself. i forgot where i got the idea from but i ran to auto value and bought a cheapo 10mm triple square and six inch extension, welded them together and presto. i wouldve bought a good one but im 06a block so i use polydrive head bolts hence why im purchasing the good polydrive from mac

Old 11-23-2011, 08:28 AM
Administrator

I bought this to do my CV joints over the summer, great quality.

Redline, good to know about the eBay ABS sensor. Very few things you can buy there are actually worth a ****. I've noticed many good quality tools, short shifters, and test pipes to be some of them, now we can add ABS sensors to that list.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:11 AM
2nd Gear

I recently ruined a rear sensor doing a wheel bearing. Anyone have a link to these $23 ebay sensors?

redline, what was the name of the seller you bought from?

Old 11-23-2011, 01:24 PM
Legal Moderator

Originally Posted by bshusted
redline, what was the name of the seller you bought from?
apxautoparts. i just searched and he has rear sensors for 19 bucks shipped. not too shabby at all.

Old 11-23-2011, 04:58 PM
2nd Gear

I've got one on order. Thanks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ebay success!!