B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Did some upgrades and mods

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 09:45 PM
1st Gear
Default Did some upgrades and mods

Just thought I'd post some pictures. I probably won't be doing anything to the car again for a while until I replace my control arms and replace the boots on my axle. That won't be very interesting so no point in posting pictures of those. Anyway here's what I've recently done on the car. I found some Ronal R28 wheels and refinished them and slapped on some fat 235/40R17's. There is no rubbing thankfully. After about a half year of looking I found a set of front mud flaps and got some new rears from ECS tuning. Finally, and I don't know how well it can be seen in the pictures but I did the big brake upgrade with the TT caliper carrier and A8 discs. Hawk HPS pads are part of the package too. The best upgrade was not having my wheels look like they have the black lung a week after I wash them.

Old 08-12-2014, 05:33 AM
2nd Gear

My search for front mudflaps has been unsuccessful.

Last edited by adam044; 08-12-2014 at 12:39 PM.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:28 AM
2nd Gear

Looking good.

Old 08-12-2014, 06:26 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by adam044
My search for front mudflaps has been unsuccessful.
I imported them from the UK. They were the only ones reasonably priced and I could buy with confidence since the pictures were good. They weren't perfect but they had all the pieces of hardware but one.

This is a question for everyone in general. As you can see the vehicle is riding on stock sport suspension. Around my house there are speed humps galore. It's not that I can't clear the mid section of the unibody but these springs compress and travel so much and the font end is heavy as it is that I bottom out at any speed over 10mph on them. I'm a few bad humps away from getting a puncture in the A/C aluminum hardline. So two questions:

1) what is that diesel audi site that makes the stainless steel belly pans?
2) If you are also in this situation did a set of lowering springs with a higher spring rate solve the problem?

Old 08-12-2014, 07:23 PM
Administrator

Looking good. It needs to be lower tho. Haha.

The website you're looking for is DieselGeek. Higher spring rate would be way stiff. I'd suggest saving up and purchase a decent set of coil overs. Perhaps a set with dampening adjustability.

Also, what front mud flaps are you looking for, Adam?

Old 08-14-2014, 01:30 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by kriptonik

The website you're looking for is DieselGeek. Higher spring rate would be way stiff. I'd suggest saving up and purchase a decent set of coil overs. Perhaps a set with dampening adjustability.

The car is already lowered on account of the sport suspension. Anyone know by how much compared to the std. suspension? For me race springs or coilovers would be out of the question. I was thinking more of a progressive spring rate. Judging from the pictures and the progressively smaller pitch of the windings on the H&R sport springs it looks like those might be the ticket. If the shocks ever go out on my I will be opting for my personal default of Koni adjustables. I had them on my Miata and Rx7 before this and they were pretty awesome.

I think adam wants the front OEM flaps

Old 08-14-2014, 02:28 PM
2nd Gear
Arrow

Originally Posted by kriptonik

Originally Posted by germoneypit
The car is already lowered on account of the sport suspension. Anyone know by how much compared to the std. suspension? For me race springs or coilovers would be out of the question. I was thinking more of a progressive spring rate. Judging from the pictures and the progressively smaller pitch of the windings on the H&R sport springs it looks like those might be the ticket. If the shocks ever go out on my I will be opting for my personal default of Koni adjustables. I had them on my Miata and Rx7 before this and they were pretty awesome.

I think adam wants the front OEM flaps
Yes I'm looking for OEM fronts for a B5, good luck. I was able to find the OEM rears on eBay for $30 shipped. I'm not looking to spend $100 on front OEM mudflaps either.

Old 08-14-2014, 08:57 PM
Administrator

Let's see if I can find mine. I got a whole set but was only using the rears since I'd be completely dragging the front ones if they were on.