AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   B5 Models (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b5-models-69/)
-   -   What should i do next? (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b5-models-69/what-should-i-do-next-94775/)

oettinger1919 03-12-2008 10:26 AM

What should i do next?

so i just finished up all of my initial upgrades as far as power goes(had a custom Magnaflow installed yesterday) now im not sure where to go next. I have done the chip, intake, newspark plugs, exhaustand will be doing an FMIC next month. Now im not sure what i should do next to compliment all of these mods. My car is higher milage so im really trying to just smooth everything out. Since everything my car been a lot smoother but i want to keep it going. Any little things you can think of i should do now to compliment the other mods?

hiwords 03-12-2008 10:31 AM

RE: What should i do next?

boost gauge, mbc, diode mod, painted lowers, wheels, coilovers, aftermarket headunit, bbk.....

oettinger1919 03-12-2008 10:41 AM

not really sure what to do with an MBC and a Diode but i have heard those words thrown around what is the purpose of those. I have decided im not lowering the car either, it looks fine with the S-line suspension on it. and i have a Clarion DVD system. Im really just focusing on performance mods, no more cosmetics or electrical ups.

hiwords 03-12-2008 11:29 AM

cincytt did a writeup for the diode mod and the mbc should have a diy lying around somewhere plus when you buy a mbc, they come with instructions. you can control your boost level with the mbc but i'm not really sure what the diode does lol. well i guess you're basically done with performance mods unless you got 3 grand. was your car stock with sports suspension or did you put in suspension from a b6+? the b5 have sports suspension but s-line refers to b6+.

sineo 03-12-2008 11:51 AM

Aren't the chip and the diode mod mutually exclusive?

turbo kraut 03-12-2008 12:44 PM

ORIGINAL: sineo

Aren't the chip and the diode mod mutually exclusive?
there is no need for a diode, since he is tunned

ok, performance..... if your not going suspension...... a8bbk, tp, tip, lighter wheels........ maybe spend the 400 on the carbino, if you want a louder dv

or skip the tp.tip and go bt

oettinger1919 03-12-2008 02:14 PM

ok im going to do this again lol. I have a carbonio, chip, magnaflow exhaust, forge DV, and thats all as far as the engine goes. The FMIC is coming next month and then after that it seems like maybe i will change out the remaining throttle body hose and turbo inlet hose. Anything else sound good?

FASTER 03-12-2008 02:18 PM

what year is your car?

oettinger1919 03-12-2008 03:49 PM

TaysB5 03-12-2008 04:54 PM

im new to audis, but in the supra community we focus on bigger injectors and fuel lines, pump etc. then more boost. if its high mileage get the block and head machined and get a nice MHG and ARP headstuds for a super strong engine? im not familiar much with audis like i said but if it was a supra thats what could be done