AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   B5 Models (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b5-models-69/)
-   -   Wheel Drama - Every week one wheel bends... (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b5-models-69/wheel-drama-every-week-one-wheel-bends-172798/)

Pitao 08-15-2011 07:48 PM

Wheel Drama - Every week one wheel bends...

I just want to put it out...

Every week one of my wheels bends (R17)... it really sucks!

I have even changed my tires from 225/45 to 225/50 and stills bending!!!

I don't want to go back to 16"... going bigger is the only way! lol.

why there are lot's of oem cars with 17" having no issues and I have every week?

jeeper88 08-15-2011 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Pitao (Post 1329164)
I just want to put it out...

Every week one of my wheels bends (R17)... it really sucks!

I have even changed my tires from 225/45 to 225/50 and stills bending!!!

I don't want to go back to 16"... going bigger is the only way! lol.

why there are lot's of oem cars with 17" having no issues and I have every week?

How are the roads you commonly drive on? Does your suspension bottom out at all going over bumps or potholes? Find out what is causing the wheels to bend, and fix it. . .

Pitao 08-15-2011 08:38 PM

i'm really trying to find out. the roads here in brazil (rio) sux. that's a fact. my suspension is all ok.

ObnoxiousDrunk 08-15-2011 08:51 PM

start swerving quicker or slow down........can't be worse than New Jersey roads anyways

Pitao 08-15-2011 09:03 PM

I think I'm going sell my b5 and buy another piece of german engineering: A PANZER! lol

really, I quit with this rims... i'm going back to 16" , go to the store where I've bought it and try another set. I really can't be like this. every week I wake up at saturday and went to the wheel shop to unbend my wheels. EVERY WEEK! EVERY WEEK WITH A 50 PROFILE TIRE!

as a saying that we have here in brazil says "what is a fart for those who are already crapped". it can't get any worse, instead of being at the beaches enjoying the sunny rio and all of those good looking girls in bikinis... I spend my saturdays at the wheel shop waiting for the unbending.

Rollineuro 08-15-2011 09:06 PM

Drive AROUND those log shaped concrete things in front of parking spots...not over them.

Pitao 08-15-2011 09:12 PM

if i've hitted something this weekend I wouldn't complain... I have not hit anything, i have not passed by a massive hole...

it was just smooth driving. I was driving and repeating my personal mantra "I wont bend any wheels, I won't bend any wheels I WON'T BEND ANY F**KING WHEELS!' and then... today "oh crap... I've bent one wheel!"

ObnoxiousDrunk 08-15-2011 09:13 PM

The cost of a more durable wheel might be something worth looking into. IT sucks you have to run such a small diameter wheel, but if the roads dictacte.....

Pitao 08-15-2011 09:20 PM

these are nice rims, in theory, it's a nice brazilian brand. but they'll go. going a better, or smaller, rims... you said it all.

or going panzer!

jeeper88 08-16-2011 03:19 AM

You don't need to go smaller, you just have obviously happened upon a rather weakly constructed wheel. I have always run aluminum wheels on my cars, my Firebird had 17" and 18" staggered one-off Corvette rims made by a reputable company, and I was running 40 and 45 profile tires, never once bent a wheel. That's odd, because I live in Michigan, which is known for horrible roads due to the fluctuating weather.

Find some better wheels, the ones you have aren't quality wheels if they bend without you hitting anything or abusing them at all.