B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Who wants a heat shield?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 07:33 PM

It goes pretty well, WOT is a blast! I've been thinking about starting a build-type of thread that will go over FrankenTurbo and my experience with it (along with pics), but I need time/motivation.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:58 PM
2nd Gear

you definatley should.. i know i see questions all the time regarding the frankenturbo set up vs. elim vs. k04 etc.. im sure a ton of people would take alot away from it and it would be super helpful.. seeing what you run with it, it sparked my interest.. running the PC-16 file and 440 injectors which are bigger than what you would run for a regular k04 file right?

Old 12-08-2011, 10:30 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by osin34
clean bay man.. very much like what im working on achieving.. gotta get ahold of a set of plastics like the battery/rain tray cover, new coil cover.. and would love to polish the manifold and some paint work to the top of the motor.. always drving someplace and cant afford to have the car down for very long but i guess finding a used AEB intake mani would be the best way, and just sand and polish it up so the car doesnt have to be down.. my heatshield now is a mix between the joke OEM heatshiled and some plyable heatshield material off of my parents old jeep, it works for right now and is a good divider but i def need one when you get fabbin them up.. PM me if you want when youre ready to send out some of these bad boys..
I've got a nice valve cover waiting to go in thanks to dave (dmaxn) and have a couple more plans for the bay. But thats exactly what I did, picked up an extra intake mani at one of the meets out in Binghamton and over about a week polished it to the point its at now. Kinda a pain but I love how it turned out.

I'll let you know, if I forget for some reason I'll have additional posts up on vortex and audizine in the classifieds sections

And to metal man, you should definitely do a build thread, theres not many solid threads out there on the FT and theres definitely a lot of people who would benefit!

Old 12-08-2011, 10:37 PM
2nd Gear

yea that sounds like the best way to go about it. and spending a week in your spare time sanding and polishing is so worth the time when thats the finished product. that and some wire tieing and cleaning up with a coil cover and some clean up itll be looking much more fresh. as for the plastics i think im just gunna have to find them in a part out or the yard.. maybe shokan has some in stock who knows.. but yea ill def keep an eye on the classifieds and an eye on this thread to see when abouts you finish a few of them and have one unspoken for so i can jump on it..

Old 12-09-2011, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by osin34
you definatley should.. i know i see questions all the time regarding the frankenturbo set up vs. elim vs. k04 etc.. im sure a ton of people would take alot away from it and it would be super helpful.. seeing what you run with it, it sparked my interest.. running the PC-16 file and 440 injectors which are bigger than what you would run for a regular k04 file right?
You're right, normal PC-16 should run 315cc injectors with ~2.8bar fuel pressure. Since now I'm running a 3" OD (2.75" ID) MAF I needed to compensate for the MAF sensor reading ~26% low, by increasing fuel delivery by about 26%. This is called "hillbilly tuning" by some, and it requires monitoring the A/F ratio to get it right, but it works!

Originally Posted by meloman
And to metal man, you should definitely do a build thread, theres not many solid threads out there on the FT and theres definitely a lot of people who would benefit!
I'll get on it

Old 12-09-2011, 12:04 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by MetalMan
You're right, normal PC-16 should run 315cc injectors with ~2.8bar fuel pressure. Since now I'm running a 3" OD (2.75" ID) MAF I needed to compensate for the MAF sensor reading ~26% low, by increasing fuel delivery by about 26%. This is called "hillbilly tuning" by some, and it requires monitoring the A/F ratio to get it right, but it works!
Hahaha, rock on man!

Old 12-13-2011, 06:02 AM
1st Gear

would this shield fit on a 2.8?

Old 12-13-2011, 07:09 AM
4th Gear

I would guess not, but it's not really necessary on the 2.8 because there is no turbo to shield from the intake.

Old 12-13-2011, 08:24 PM
1st Gear

Did you get my PM?

Old 12-13-2011, 09:01 PM
1st Gear

do you make them for 2.8s also? =O

Quick Reply: Who wants a heat shield?