B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

yellow 1.8t???????????

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 11:38 PM
1st Gear
Default yellow 1.8t???????????

I am looking at a 2000 a4 1.8t with some mods etc.

the price is steep and the miles are high (101000) so im not sure what to do what do you guys think?

any help would be really helpful!

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

Old 08-11-2009, 02:17 AM
3rd Gear

All in all I say this is a fairly good find. While 100k by itself is high mileage, a 9-10 year old car with 100k means around 10k a year so that's not bad. Plus, 100k and these cars are just getting broke in.
Sounds like it has been very well taken care of - I would contact or go over to the shop that he talks about and ask about the owner and car. You might need to change some stuff to make it fit your style. I personally don't like the front bumper or the wheels. You should be able to sell those for a decent amount and get yourself an S4 front and some 18's.

Edmunds show's the price for your zip being about $6500 retail. With all the extra's, the price might not be that out of range. it's your call if you would like to buy a bone stock car and put an extra 5k into it or just buy this one that again "seems" to be well taken car of and has some history.

Get more info on the car - get a carfax - talk with the shop. If your really interested take the car to a local audi dealer and have them do a full workup on the car.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:53 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for your answer you really helped

Old 08-11-2009, 10:01 AM
3rd Gear

100K miles is not high mileage for a well maintained A4. A4s in general do not experience the suspension slop, body rot, or tired engine issues that many American or Japanese cars will show at 100K miles. There are plenty of A4s on the road with 200K miles on them and replacement parts are abundant, new, after-market, or used.

The particular model you are looking at looks clean, but even with modifications, $9K bucks is a bit high for a 2000. If it's -perfect-, spending the extra cash might be worth it, but I'd keep looking for another. There's a lot of flashy parts on there, some of them were not well researched, so don't let the seller make you think it's a gem with all the extra stuff on it.

Just for reference, I purchased my 01 A4 1.8TQM sport in May 2008 and paid $9K. The car had 73K miles on the clock and was pretty much perfect. My brother just picked up a 01 A4TQM sport with more options a couple of months ago for $6K with 80K miles on the clock and a few issues with the radio and alarm.

There are deals to be had, I just worry that that particular car might not be the best A4 to start with. Definitely start with a CarFax.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:16 AM
5th Gear

ya that price is ridiculous. i'd pay 6k max. and mods don't add value in my eyes. if you're willing to pay more for the car because it has mods, it's up to you but IMO it's not worth it.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:11 AM
1st Gear

ok thanks everyone what if i could get the yellow one for 8k?

also what do you think about this car?
http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/1290722203.html

Old 08-11-2009, 11:33 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by akielb
I personally don't like the front bumper or the wheels. You should be able to sell those for a decent amount and get yourself an S4 front and some 18's.
Its just a stock front bumper with a insert that replaces the grill area and the valance.

Old 08-11-2009, 04:16 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Mike-2ptzero
Its just a stock front bumper with a insert that replaces the grill area and the valance.
Ok thanks mike - I knew it was a Kerscher front bumper, but didn't realize that was just an add-on to the stock front. here is another pic - lltek sells it for $500.

As for that second car.............um...........um............How big is your bank roll? Highly modified cars can be your dream car or your nightmare. Says interior and exterior need a lot of work. Mike will be the best one to look at the actual mods and see how it all fits together.

Unless that was just a joke.

Few other options for you
http//tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/cto/1312521373.html

Old 08-11-2009, 05:02 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by akielb
Ok thanks mike - I knew it was a Kerscher front bumper, but didn't realize that was just an add-on to the stock front. here is another pic - lltek sells it for $500.

As for that second car.............um...........um............How big is your bank roll? Highly modified cars can be your dream car or your nightmare. Says interior and exterior need a lot of work. Mike will be the best one to look at the actual mods and see how it all fits together.

Unless that was just a joke.

Few other options for you
http//tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/cto/1312521373.html
hey thanks for the response i dont think i want the modded one,

what would the yellow one be a good deal for 8k?

Old 08-11-2009, 05:10 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Tweaked
but even with modifications, $9K bucks is a bit high for a 2000. If it's -perfect-, spending the extra cash might be worth it, but I'd keep looking for another. There's a lot of flashy parts on there, some of them were not well researched, so don't let the seller make you think it's a gem with all the extra stuff on it.
this is exactly what went thru my head when i saw that car.

also what do you think about this car?
http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/1290722203.html
that car is owned by a dude over on audizine.com
http://www.audizine.com/classifieds/...t=18388&cat=64

send him a PM if you want more info about the car. you definately should not buy a car like this without knowing anything about it and without knowing how to work on it. this is someone elses project, be prepared to pickup where they left off.

Last edited by ghost6303; 08-11-2009 at 05:13 PM.

Quick Reply: yellow 1.8t???????????