AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   B6 Models (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b6-models-70/)
-   -   2003 A4 Power Seat Height Adjustment Problem (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b6-models-70/2003-a4-power-seat-height-adjustment-problem-141614/)

iceman2k 11-09-2009 02:10 PM

2003 A4 Power Seat Height Adjustment Problem

Hi, I recently purchased a 2003 A4 and am having problems with the drivers power seat adjustment. All positions are adjusting fine except the rear height adjustment. The front of the seat adjusts just fine, but I push the controls to adjust the rear of the seat I can hear the motor going, but it does not adjust.

Has anyone else had this issue or have an idea of how I could fix it easily without having the dealership charge me an arm and a leg for this?

I'm loving the car but tired of hitting my head on the roof with every bump in the road.

Thanks in advance.

iceman2k 11-16-2009 11:59 AM

It is the bar/worm gear in the motor that raises the seat that snapped. Audi quoted me $450CAD for the part and 2 hours labour as the entire motor assembly must be replaced even though the motor itself is operating.

brojamin 07-02-2010 08:02 PM

I have the same problem with my 2004 A4. How can you tell if the bar/worm gear is snapped? I take it you took it to Audi and they found the problem?

Dan1969 07-03-2010 09:12 PM

Is a common problem. Unfortunately you have to get the whole motor assembly.

iceman2k 07-06-2010 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by brojamin (Post 1219231)
I have the same problem with my 2004 A4. How can you tell if the bar/worm gear is snapped? I take it you took it to Audi and they found the problem?

I took my car into the dealer and they told me the problem. When you press the lever to adjust the seat, you will probably hear the motor and a clicking/clunking noise. Thats what mine does. It is trying to adjust the height but the gear doesn't engage.

Like Dan said, its very common and it requires a replacement of the whole assembly. I've just got the dealer to lower mine as lower it all the way and I just live with it...

nvnc514 07-15-2010 09:59 AM

Passenger Front Seat Wont Move Forward all the way

I have an Audi A4 Cabriolet and I am having a problem with the first lever on the passenger side that moves the seat forward. When I use the second lever to move the seat up or down, it will do that correctly and will move the seat forward if the second lever allows it to do so but when I try to push the first lever on the side, nothing happens. I don't even hear any noise like the lever is not connected.

Trying to figure out if this is something I can correct. Thanks for your help.

mishka69 11-23-2010 07:53 AM

2003 A4 Power Seat Height Adjustment Problem

Did u figer out the problem?
I have same problem with my seat. Seat wont go all away up.
Let me know. Thank you

nvnc514 11-24-2010 02:45 PM

Problem with Passenger Seat Motor

No I did not have the problem diagnosed. I think the motor is burned out and was going to ask about it the next time I took it in.

Ericcg82 05-05-2011 12:25 PM

I have the same problem, rear seat height adjustment doesnt work, I just picked up a bentley manual and am going to see if I can find wiring schematics in there to troubleshoot this when I get home....It is kind of funny that everyone that I talk to seems to loose the 1 same function but all the others remain working, that would lead me to believe that it is a design/engineering flaw that causes this to occur...

mbottaro 12-03-2011 07:23 PM

hey I have the exact same problem with my a4. How were u able to repair it?