B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Advice needed about rear collision

Old 02-14-2012, 10:14 PM
1st Gear
Default Advice needed about rear collision

My wife has a 2006 1.8T Cabriolet in metallic silver. It is (was) immaculate. Garage kept. All service done at Audi. I bought her the car last year for Valentine's day so I literally have only had it a year! We love this car. It is loaded, Nav, Sat, heated seats, etc, etc, etc. Now it has a crushed rear bumper.
My wife is a RN on nightshift and just past midnight last night, security at the hospital contacted her because her car had been hit in the parking lot! Luckily the person that hit her was honest and didn't run. Highway patrol was called and a report filed. The other car was a Jeep SUV. The driver actually told my wife that the impact caused my wife's lights to come on! I'm not sure if that is front or rear lights. I will be taking the car to the dealership for repairs, particularly since we were no fault.
What in specific do I need to ensure is checked out? Can the repair the bumper cover or should I insist on replacement? What else is under there that needs to be checked? I have not opened the trunk or the convertible top. I will let the body shop do that and check for fit/function. Do the backup sensors need calibration? Should the all wheel alignment be checked? How about the exhaust? Not sure if Parking brake was engaged at impact, would that affect the brake system?
I'm not at all happy and my wife feels really bad about her dream car! I just want my car fixed. Fixed correctly. I want to have my ducks in a row when I deal with the insurance adjuster and would appreciate constructive advice.
Semper Fi,
Cha2ga