B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Are all A4 s lemons?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 02:43 PM
1st Gear

Look, I love my car, fun to drive, but they can definitely be a headache. When a car is 9 years old such as mine, with 130k miles, it's going to be somewhat unreliable. Let's be honest. It's also going to be expensive to fix when something does go...

Old 10-10-2011, 09:35 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by tmic0723
Look, I love my car, fun to drive, but they can definitely be a headache. When a car is 9 years old such as mine, with 130k miles, it's going to be somewhat unreliable. Let's be honest. It's also going to be expensive to fix when something does go...

since my last post I have decided to not even mess with audis, You cant blame it on year or miles because I have a 95 impreza that hasn't had a single problem ever, and my brother has a 90s legacy pushing 200xxx and other than a tranny swap its perfect, in fact I would trust both of our cars over new cars. I honestly dont understand why you guys settle for horribly unreliable cars. I heard from over 20 people that they are awesome cars.....while they weren't in the shop, but you can almost bet once a month something will break.

Thanks for you input, all of you. but living away from my tools in college Im not even going to mess with whats in my opinion, a S H I T brand.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:50 AM
1st Gear

Mine definitely does not break once a month, so it's not that hard to "put up with," really. That said, it sounds like you're making the right decision for you. Good luck with your future endeavors.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:29 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by DOKO
since my last post I have decided to not even mess with audis, You cant blame it on year or miles because I have a 95 impreza that hasn't had a single problem ever, and my brother has a 90s legacy pushing 200xxx and other than a tranny swap its perfect, in fact I would trust both of our cars over new cars. I honestly dont understand why you guys settle for horribly unreliable cars. I heard from over 20 people that they are awesome cars.....while they weren't in the shop, but you can almost bet once a month something will break.

Thanks for you input, all of you. but living away from my tools in college Im not even going to mess with whats in my opinion, a S H I T brand.
Well your trusty Subaru has had over half a million cars recalled this year alone.

Subaru has recalled 69,590 2011 Outback and Legacy vehicles because the glass of the sunroof can become loose or come off altogether.

Subaru is recalling 295,123 2002 to 2007 Impreza, 2003 to 2008 Forester, and 2005 to 2006 Saab 9-2X vehicles due to corrosion, which could cause the front lower control arm in affected vehicles to break.

Subaru is recalling 195,080 Legacy and Outback vehicles from model year 2010 to 2011 because the bottom cover of the windshield wiper can overheat, causing the wiper to malfunction.

So I guess Subaru isn't so perfect either. You get what you pay for. I will stick with my Audi, it has some class.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:55 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by gsimms
Well your trusty Subaru has had over half a million cars recalled this year alone.

Subaru has recalled 69,590 2011 Outback and Legacy vehicles because the glass of the sunroof can become loose or come off altogether.

Subaru is recalling 295,123 2002 to 2007 Impreza, 2003 to 2008 Forester, and 2005 to 2006 Saab 9-2X vehicles due to corrosion, which could cause the front lower control arm in affected vehicles to break.

Subaru is recalling 195,080 Legacy and Outback vehicles from model year 2010 to 2011 because the bottom cover of the windshield wiper can overheat, causing the wiper to malfunction.

So I guess Subaru isn't so perfect either. You get what you pay for. I will stick with my Audi, it has some class.
I think just about every car has recalls, and I really don't think you want me posting Audi's recalls over the years. I didnt want to start an argument over brands Im simply saying I trust Subaru over Audi, and no offence to all of you but I trust my friends that get payed to fix your Audis over some people on the internet. And I completely agree about the class part, thats why I was orginaly looking into A4s, they look great and I wanted to stay with AWD. But for me the benefit isn't worth the cost.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:01 AM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

Kthanxbai

Old 10-11-2011, 10:19 PM
Banned

Im very interested in these cars but from what i have heard and read everyone is having problems with them, so are they all bad or am I just hearing from the bad experiences?
i can say the same things about your mother.

Old 10-13-2011, 12:39 PM
3rd Gear

All A4s are not lemons, but all A4s are Audis. These are not drive it and overlook the maintenance cars (like Hondas), as mentioned in the previous posts. Do the regular maintenance and you should be ok, although any car can have parts wear out or fail through abuse. My daughter's 2003 A4 3.0 has almost 90k on it and other than replacing the cats under warranty at 79k, it has had only minor issues. Nothing that prevents her from driving from MI to NY for college. My A6 has almost 190k on it and I will set out on a 3k mile drive the end of this month. I have complete confidence in it although I have had minor problems over the past two years and have a slowly leaking turbo which might fail soon or never.

Old 10-14-2011, 09:06 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by esandes
i can say the same things about your mother.
Originally Posted by 02A6Beau
Kthanxbai
The maturity on this site is amazing.

Thanks for those of you who decided to responded intelligently. I'm still not going to get an Audi, If I wasn't in college and lived close to my tools it might be a different story. I'm glad some of you aren't having many problems and I hope it stays that way, I know preventive maintenance means a lot. But it is still my OPINION that A4s aren't worth the trouble.

02A6Beau and esandes , you keep on hating.

Old 10-14-2011, 09:43 AM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

Im not even going to mess with whats in my opinion, a S H I T brand.
Originally Posted by whatever
02A6Beau and esandes , you keep on hating.
I'm sorry, what? I can't hear you over YOUR hating. you came. you asked. we answered. you decided. you continue to return and respond as to why you think your decision is right and the rest of us foolish Audi owners are wrong. you are now wasting everyone's time including your own. I considered KTHANXBAI to be rather civil. since that doesn't appear to be working, either contribute positively or

STFU
GTFO

is that better?

Quick Reply: Are all A4 s lemons?