AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   B6 Models (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b6-models-70/)
-   -   Audi saves face (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b6-models-70/audi-saves-face-132979/)

Mhmara 06-03-2009 08:17 AM

Audi saves face

So I posted an earlier subject on my timing belt, and being dome with Audi. While I am done with this car not with Audi. They paid for the repairs under the JZ champaign. I can't believe it. Way to go audi. While I can't wait to leave my B6, I still would get another newer audi (if I could afford it). I still
Love the way it feels in every way. So yea Audi.

shane.trammell 06-03-2009 01:07 PM

how many miles and what year?

Mhmara 06-03-2009 09:27 PM

It is 2003 and 61799 miles.

Pablo_Ottawa 06-03-2009 11:38 PM

OK wait! You got AUDI to PAY for YOUR timing belt????

You need to fill us in and don't leave out ANY details.

Dealership, price, circumstances... I'm sure allot of us are in the same boat and if they paid for yours this definitely sets a precedent.

Please tell all :)

Pablo_Ottawa 06-03-2009 11:41 PM

Please include as many details as possible!!!!!!

pa4ul 06-04-2009 12:35 PM

yes do tell us how u got them to do this.

Myst420 06-04-2009 02:54 PM

+1 on that, I'm almost due to a TB change...so this is VERY interesting.

Mhmara 06-04-2009 03:10 PM

JZ Champainge

About 1 month aog, I was driving to work. I heard a click and the engine shut of. I was stopped just infront of a parking space. I had the car towed to a independent repair shop. They opened the car up. Found that the timing belt failed. I caused the piston to hit valves and bend some. So they had to send off the head to machined and a valve job done. I called Audi of USA, to (very politely) inform them of the problem. They told me that if the timing belt was the cause of the damage that the JZ Champainge would possibly pay for the repairs. The mechanic has to state that the damage was caused by the timing belt breaking in the work order. After paying for the repairs I submitted via fax all of the paper work. I called them after to confirm they recieved it. They asured me that it would be reviewed. I called 2 days ago, they siad the repair was approved and a check for $3014.79 was sent that day. So I am still looking for the check, but they said yes it would be paid for. BE MIND FULL OF THE PHRASE DAMAGE WAS CAUSED BY TIMING BELT FAILURE.
Good luck,
Mike

macd41144 06-08-2009 05:16 PM

Let me ask this... I have an 03 1.8T. I'm not much when it comes to fixing cars. I only know how to drive them. Over the last year, I've had to replace the coils packs twice, and there was something going on that had all of the oil in the car spew out of the dip stick tube. When fixed, there weren't any leaks in the engine. Now I'm having coolant temp sensors failing, and a coolant hose burst. Does this sound like it could be related to the timing belt?

Pablo_Ottawa 06-11-2009 07:27 AM

NOPE..... They fail all the time. Just have it replaced.