B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Black Forest Industries RS4 Mounts + staff = Complete Garbage DO NOT BUY!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 01:23 PM
Default Black Forest Industries RS4 Mounts + staff = Complete Garbage DO NOT BUY!

So, this weekend I went to waterfest down in NJ and was keen on buying some new Engine Mounts for my car. I had two choices down and both were "RS4" mounts. I had done research and saw that Black forest had RS4 mounts for only 89 each, and considering every other place had the RS4 mounts for 120 each i was a little skeptical to say the least. As soon as i got to the show on Saturday my first stop was

Black Forest Industries - I took a look at the mount and was very unimpressed.. Although it is a remanufactured mount, both guys i talked to there claimed they were OEM RS4 Mounts. The first time i hit the tent it was the first question i asked.

Me: " Hey are these the OEM RS4 mounts"
Him: Yup they are
Me: Really, the ones made in the avon factory or w.e (not really knowing if the avon thing was ture beucase i have never seen the mounts before"
Him: Yup they are

I was with a firend of mine who knows too much about cars for his own good. I told him to inspect the Mounts and right away we notice a major issue. He asked if the mounts were hydraulic filled, the black forest guy had no clue. So he brought the mount up to his ear, and shook it to see if he could hear anything. To his and my surprise the mount was filled with hydrolic fluid, but there was a major issue.

AS we shook the mount we could hear the fluid slosh around, it was really noticeable and sounded exactly like how a coke botle sounds when its 3/4 filled and you shake it. It was so noticeable you could shake it away form your ear and still hear the fluid violently slosh around. We didnt know what to think but figured we would go look at the AWE RS4 Mounts
****************************-
After this fluid sloshing i grew instantly suspect. because after looking at the RS4 mounts on ecs and awe they did not look the same as the black forest ones. the black forest ones had green on the top and looked like they were physically used already (the site does say they are re manufactured)

With this in mind i took a quick stole over to the AWE tent to take a look at their mounts to see if they looked the same as the ones over at black forest....and of course they were totally different. AWE had the real legit New RS4 mounts. I shock the REAL OEM RS4 one and even though they were fluid filled you could not hear it at all beucase, in the case of hydrolic fluids there should be NO air inside....kind of like our break systems. When theer is air inside a hydrolic fluid system the fluid does not work the way it is ment to beucase there is all this extra air. So i decided at that moment to buy the real OEM RS4 Mount from AWE and shell out the extra 35 bux per mount.

After this we walked away from the awe tent and me and my friend were talking about the black forest mounts. We came to the conclusion that if i were to order those Black forest mounts without looking at them we would have felt ripped off because the quality was sub par to put it nicely. We decided that when we came back up the isle again we would go to Black Forest and let them know about the sub par quality of the mount and the possible issues that the half hydrolic/ half air filled mount could cause down the road.

about 30 min later we get back to the black forest tent. at this point i was pissed about the fact that the black forest guy said the mounts were oem RS4 mounts when they were infact not

So we get to the tent, right were the mount is and call over one of the guys (this was a new guy). I ask him

Me: hey are these brand new OEM RS4 mounts
Him: Yes, they are
Me: really, the ones made in the Avon Factory
Him: Yes
Me: really, so why are they different then the ones over at awe
Him: well they are actually re-manufactured mounts made at the same factory where the OEM mounts are made

At this point i was getting pissed beucase this guy was liying to my face about the fact that they were OEM RS4 mounts

ME: really, so they are made at the avon factory in England then?
HIM: Um.....like i said they are made by the same guy who makes the OEM mounts
Me: well thats highly unlikely because the OEM mounts are made in england
HIM: well if you want, i can give you the phone number of the guy who makes these mounts and you can ask him yourself

At this point the guy was starting to act like an *** whole with the way he was responding to my questions. After catching him in multiple lies i was starting to get mad and decided to start grilling this guy about the sub par,shitty *** qulaity of the mounts them selves

I continued by very politely letting the guy know that there was a large amount of air inside the mount and that the mount cannot preform the way it should because the fluid cannot cushion the impact of bumps properly because the thing was half filled with air. At this point he was giving me a stare that clearly showed he did not give to ***** about what i was saying. I even very nicely shook the mount near his ear so he could hear all the sloshing of the fluid inside. I then proceeded to explain how there cannot be air in a hydraulic fluid system because then it does not work they way it should. For about 3 min as i explained this and the issues with the air in the mount he just stared at me, in a way that clearly showed he did not give a single ****.....not even a single care in the world about what i was saying. He didn't even play along nodding or saying "oh ya" he just stood there leaning on one side with a blank stare.

this fat **** was so rude that i got to the point where i couldn't talk to him any longer and mid sentence just walked away because if i had stood there any longer then i did it would have resulted in me punching this idiot straight in the face This guy was so rude to me that i actually decided as i walked away they I just had to make a post about this because it was sicking, that I tired to give a honest critic about the mount and the guy couldn't have given a single ****. he was staring at me and my firend like we were two idots that were **** talking or something when were were actually trying to get answers and or a reason for the access fluid, but the way he acted proved this to me

BLACK FOREST INDUSTRIES does not care about the quality of the products they sell to their customers. When he said oh, well i can give you the number of the guy that makes them, i already realized that this guy couldent have given half a ****.

So long story short, the Black forest industries RS4 mounts are a total scam. They are poorly made, half hydrolic half air filled mounts that will prob leave you even worse off them your leaking OEM 1000000km mounts that are currently on my car.

I would 100% not recommend buying these FAKE, bullshit RS4....or really A4 mounts that are just remade with diffrent rubber

If you know whats good for your car, wallet and time steer clear of these FAKE *** mounts and go for real RS4 or even the 034 mounts because these guys will rip you off and not even blink.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:58 AM
4th Gear

Sounds like they are just a remanufactured S4 mount which is liquid filled not solid like a RS4 mount. The price was a dead give away.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:45 AM

I can't reply to your specific situation, so I won't.... but I've been dealing with Black Forest for 5 years with my A4 and they have been absolutely fantastic.

Last edited by NateWilliams3179; 07-24-2010 at 09:17 PM.