AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   B6 Models (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b6-models-70/)
-   -   Damn you p0411!! (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b6-models-70/damn-you-p0411-192460/)

MacValentine 02-16-2013 06:58 PM

Damn you p0411!!

I've had this light code for some time now. It's been slowly eating at my soul! :mad:

I'm debating whether I should just replace the pump and hope for the best, or do the delete.

I figure if I do the pump it'll cost me around $130 and some time, with the possibility that it could be something else that it causing me to have a CEL

If I did the delete, a lot less money but a whole lot of time.

I'd like as much insight on this. I don't know what is better to do.

pa4ul 02-18-2013 12:43 PM

IF you do the delete the code wont go away unless you have software that can delete the emission code.

MacValentine 02-18-2013 02:06 PM

I spoke to the owner of Etektuning today and he was telling me did the whole delete on his B6. Instead of deleting the code he installed resistors. Either way I'd be happy haha. I think I'm gonna have him do it for me too.

Off topic, I was wondering what a BT is?

Are those Bi-Turbos?

pa4ul 02-19-2013 12:31 PM

I believe its slang for big turbo.

redline380 02-20-2013 03:44 AM

my guess is the combi valve. not too uncommon. but you need to check the whole said system for leaks as well. if you are looking for parts, i have my whole system in my garage. its from a b5 but should work fine.

my vote however is to rip it out. theres a ton of vacuum lines and shit that do not need to be in there. the sai system is one of them.

MacValentine 02-20-2013 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by redline380 (Post 1425252)
my guess is the combi valve. not too uncommon. but you need to check the whole said system for leaks as well. if you are looking for parts, i have my whole system in my garage. its from a b5 but should work fine.

my vote however is to rip it out. theres a ton of vacuum lines and shit that do not need to be in there. the sai system is one of them.

Yeah the delete will be happening. Just don't know when. How long did it take you to do?

redline380 02-20-2013 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by MacValentine (Post 1425304)
Yeah the delete will be happening. Just don't know when. How long did it take you to do?

well i did it when i installed my built motor, so i just took everything out that i wanted out. i run maestro for programming so it doesnt care that it isnt all there. i have no n249, evap system, sai, ect. its all gone. just find some diagrams and it shouldnt take more than a few hours

MacValentine 02-20-2013 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by redline380 (Post 1425331)
well i did it when i installed my built motor, so i just took everything out that i wanted out. i run maestro for programming so it doesnt care that it isnt all there. i have no n249, evap system, sai, ect. its all gone. just find some diagrams and it shouldnt take more than a few hours

Great. Cause I'm debate whether to pay for it done or just do it myself. I was going to go with his DIY

DIY - B6 1.8t - Vacuum line and Check Valve removal/simplification

redline380 02-20-2013 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by MacValentine (Post 1425335)
Great. Cause I'm debate whether to pay for it done or just do it myself. I was going to go with his DIY

DIY - B6 1.8t - Vacuum line and Check Valve removal/simplification

thats a good how to. youll figure it out when you get in there though. just remember to plug any empty holes left by removing stuff

MacValentine 02-21-2013 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by redline380 (Post 1425345)
thats a good how to. youll figure it out when you get in there though. just remember to plug any empty holes left by removing stuff

When I was talking to Etektuning, he was telling me about installing a catch can too. I'm not too familiar with those but I've been researching and I know what they do now.

My problem is that the 42 Draft Stealth can is $110+ here, then I guess I have to buy the hoses and other things to install it.

Not sure about brand with these things. Heard you can make them yourself and it'll be fine.

I was looking for a cheaper solution without having to make it myself.

Came across:

Black Aluminum Race Racing Turbo Engine Oil Line Catch Resevoir Can Tank Cap | eBay

Not sure if I'd get that exact one, but just throwing it out there...