B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Damn you p0411!!

Old 02-16-2013, 06:58 PM
1st Gear
Default Damn you p0411!!

I've had this light code for some time now. It's been slowly eating at my soul!

I'm debating whether I should just replace the pump and hope for the best, or do the delete.

I figure if I do the pump it'll cost me around $130 and some time, with the possibility that it could be something else that it causing me to have a CEL

If I did the delete, a lot less money but a whole lot of time.

I'd like as much insight on this. I don't know what is better to do.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:43 PM
4th Gear

IF you do the delete the code wont go away unless you have software that can delete the emission code.

Old 02-18-2013, 02:06 PM
1st Gear

I spoke to the owner of Etektuning today and he was telling me did the whole delete on his B6. Instead of deleting the code he installed resistors. Either way I'd be happy haha. I think I'm gonna have him do it for me too.

Off topic, I was wondering what a BT is?

Are those Bi-Turbos?

Old 02-19-2013, 12:31 PM
4th Gear

I believe its slang for big turbo.

Old 02-20-2013, 03:44 AM
Legal Moderator

my guess is the combi valve. not too uncommon. but you need to check the whole said system for leaks as well. if you are looking for parts, i have my whole system in my garage. its from a b5 but should work fine.

my vote however is to rip it out. theres a ton of vacuum lines and **** that do not need to be in there. the sai system is one of them.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:19 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by redline380 View Post
my guess is the combi valve. not too uncommon. but you need to check the whole said system for leaks as well. if you are looking for parts, i have my whole system in my garage. its from a b5 but should work fine.

my vote however is to rip it out. theres a ton of vacuum lines and **** that do not need to be in there. the sai system is one of them.
Yeah the delete will be happening. Just don't know when. How long did it take you to do?

Old 02-20-2013, 04:44 PM
Legal Moderator

Originally Posted by MacValentine View Post
Yeah the delete will be happening. Just don't know when. How long did it take you to do?
well i did it when i installed my built motor, so i just took everything out that i wanted out. i run maestro for programming so it doesnt care that it isnt all there. i have no n249, evap system, sai, ect. its all gone. just find some diagrams and it shouldnt take more than a few hours

Old 02-20-2013, 05:47 PM
1st Gear

well i did it when i installed my built motor, so i just took everything out that i wanted out. i run maestro for programming so it doesnt care that it isnt all there. i have no n249, evap system, sai, ect. its all gone. just find some diagrams and it shouldnt take more than a few hours
Great. Cause I'm debate whether to pay for it done or just do it myself. I was going to go with his DIY

DIY - B6 1.8t - Vacuum line and Check Valve removal/simplification

Old 02-20-2013, 06:38 PM
Legal Moderator

Originally Posted by MacValentine View Post
Great. Cause I'm debate whether to pay for it done or just do it myself. I was going to go with his DIY

DIY - B6 1.8t - Vacuum line and Check Valve removal/simplification
thats a good how to. youll figure it out when you get in there though. just remember to plug any empty holes left by removing stuff

Old 02-21-2013, 07:46 PM
1st Gear

thats a good how to. youll figure it out when you get in there though. just remember to plug any empty holes left by removing stuff
When I was talking to Etektuning, he was telling me about installing a catch can too. I'm not too familiar with those but I've been researching and I know what they do now.

My problem is that the 42 Draft Stealth can is $110+ here, then I guess I have to buy the hoses and other things to install it.

Not sure about brand with these things. Heard you can make them yourself and it'll be fine.

I was looking for a cheaper solution without having to make it myself.

Came across:

Black Aluminum Race Racing Turbo Engine Oil Line Catch Resevoir Can Tank Cap | eBay

Not sure if I'd get that exact one, but just throwing it out there...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Damn you p0411!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.