B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Had a CEL and nothing wrong except this....

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 01:48 PM
1st Gear

You wouldn't happen to have a part # for that vac line would ya? The same thing happened to me a few days ago.....

Old 01-31-2009, 05:28 PM
2nd Gear

You can just use generic silicone vacuum line for that, it will hold up better anyway. I had the same line go bad. Trimmed it and refit it once, but it didnt keep so my mech replaced it when he was doing the tb. I didnt get any CELs from that hose, so i doubt that was your problem. Strange though, my vacuum line that connects at that spot runs under the IM, but i cant remember what the other end goes to right now.

Does the vag com read codes that are stored in memory for a while? I have never seen that many faults when ive checked mine. The most ive had is 2 or 3.

Old 08-08-2009, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Pablo_Ottawa
So, NO ONE HAS AN OPINION ON THIS????

come on guys!!! SOMEONE must have experienced this at one point.
OMG! Dude - I have this EXACT SAME CODE - it keeps coming on every once and a while in my 2002 A4. (B6)

THANKS FOR THIS POST!

Old 08-09-2009, 05:31 PM
2nd Gear

Update,

I replaced the vac lines myself VERY EASY TO DO. Here is a small write up.

Buy the exact same vac line in bulk from the dealer. I purchased 2 meters so I could replace some other ones.
Buy the end clips form dealer.

Total cost about 13 dollars

Carefully remove the old vac lines. No real procedure for this just use a srew driver, to pry the old clips open or get a small pair of needle nose pliers to work it loose. Remember to do this carefully do so you don't damage the connection the vac line connects to.

Once this is all done and you've cleaned the ends you're ready to install the new vac lines.

First, connect the line to one end of the connection (whatever it is), then put a clip on. Move the clip to where it is supposed to be, it will be all loose and obviously won't hold. IF you have enough room use a pair of wire cutters to clamp the clip snugly onto the end tube thingy but not too tight. You don't want to make it impossible to remove if you ever have to. Just snug enough so you know it won;t come loose.

IF you don't have enough room to get the wire cutters in there to close the clip, back it off till you do, close the clip just a touch and work it onto the end tube thingy, if it's still too loose back it off again and close it a bit more until it is tight enough that you have to make an effort to work it onto the end tube thingy.... This *should* be tight enough to keep the vac line from coming off.

This is how I replaced a few of mine and they have held up quite nicely and have shown NO signs of coming loose and no more CELS

Good luck.