B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

help help help my audi 2004 break rear light works evrey night what is the propelm

Old 11-19-2011, 09:20 PM
1st Gear
Default help help help my audi 2004 break rear light works evrey night what is the propelm

A few months ago my rear brake lights (NOT the dash warning lights) started coming on and staying on after a few minutes to hours after I parked my car. Some mornings I would wake up to find my car wouldn't start and I'd have to jump start it.

This happens so frequently that I'm checking out the window every night before going to bed to see if the rear brake lights turned on. If they are on, I can go and pump the brakes a few times very hard and the lights will turn off and stay off for the night.

Any ideas on what may be causing this problem?

i went to buy a new break light switch but
i did not know why it did not work.
while i had the right part but looks differnt they did told me " this is the newer part they want you to install that "
and that part cast about 7 $

please i have been sick of every day before going to sleep look over the car

Old 11-22-2011, 07:50 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by saudbostani
A few months ago my rear brake lights (NOT the dash warning lights) started coming on and staying on after a few minutes to hours after I parked my car. Some mornings I would wake up to find my car wouldn't start and I'd have to jump start it.

This happens so frequently that I'm checking out the window every night before going to bed to see if the rear brake lights turned on. If they are on, I can go and pump the brakes a few times very hard and the lights will turn off and stay off for the night.

Any ideas on what may be causing this problem?

i went to buy a new break light switch but
i did not know why it did not work.
while i had the right part but looks differnt they did told me " this is the newer part they want you to install that "
and that part cast about 7 $

please i have been sick of every day before going to sleep look over the car
My car has done this exact same thing but only when the weather turns cold. When the temp falls below about 40 degrees F, brake lights come on and stay on until I pump the brakes. Today, I had the brake light switch replaced, but the local mechanic could not program the new switch. He put the old switch back on and now the lights stay on ALL THE TIME. I was told I would have to take the car to the AUDI dealer to correct the problem. HMMM!!! So I'm on here...