B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Problem: Radio works, No Sound (Bose)

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 07:32 PM
1st Gear
Default Problem: Radio works, No Sound (Bose)

So I've searched around these and other forums and can't seem to find anything similar to the problem I'm having.

My radio turns on, says it's playing, even tells me what song is playing, but I get no sound at all out of any of my speakers. I switch to the CD player or tape deck with my phone hooked up to a cassette adapter and I still get zero sound. This problem started a couple months ago, but finally has gotten to the point where my radio barely ever works.

The first time it happened is when I took off my coat, which was sparking against sweater as I took it off, and threw my coat down on the ground when it brushed, and sparked a little, against the wire hooked up to my cassette adapter, which was plugged into my tape deck. Strange I know, but that seemed exactly the time this problem started.

What's weird is that the problem used to fix itself after a few minutes. Leave the radio off for ten minutes and then it worked again. But now I'm lucky if I get any sound at all out of my speakers on a long trip.

Has anyone heard of an issue like this before? Anyone have any idea what it could be?

I'm thinking it could be something as simple as a fuse, but the radio itself works, it's just a problem with the speakers. So now I'm thinking it's a problem with one, or both, of my amplifiers. Is there a breaker type thing, or maybe a fuse, on the amps themselves? Is there anything else about the amps that could be tripping? Could my amps be shot? Would I get sound out of any speakers if just one of my amps had an issue? Is there anything internal, or on the back of the radio that could be responsible for sound only?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer,

- BoostHungry

Old 05-23-2011, 09:23 PM
Tech Certified

try pulling the radio fuse on the left side fuse panel for about 30 seconds to try and reset it.

Those symphony radios do all kinds of wierd things when they start to go bad. Sometimes you can pull the fuse and reset it and get some more life out of it.

Old 05-25-2011, 03:35 AM
1st Gear

Thank you, it has worked fine these past 2 days, but next time it acts up I'll see if that works as a quick fix for now at least.

Old 05-29-2011, 10:44 AM
1st Gear

My radio was doin funky stuff like that for a while too, I figured out that a button was stuck. STUPID! I hear that these radio's are notorious for sticky buttons and its frustrating cuz you can't figure out what the hell is going on for a while, if it happens again, try looking for sticky butons. if something is pressed and stuck it will not allow anything to work. Very well could not be your problem but just a thought if it happens again.

Old 07-06-2015, 07:19 AM
1st Gear
Default stereo working but not sounds from symphony bose speakers

Hi,

I have no sound in my (UK) audi a4 2006 symphony bose system speakers. everything is standard and it was all working great until one day it cut off.

i held the off button and turned it on it worked. couple of days later i kept trying to turn it off and and on but nothing would fix it. i checked the fuse box which is on the drivers side. checked the system fuse and its ok.

when i had these issues i heard a pop, crackle, no snap lol. not there is no sound at all. the system is still displaying details of the radio and cd and i can go into the settings. so i changed the settings to make sure theres nothing there which is causing the issue but nothing.

i feel like maybe i need to find the amp which is in the boot? but ive read the amp is only for the subwoofer. im going to try and take the system out and see if there is a loose wire.

its really strange but if anyone has an idea please let me know and i'll give it a go.

many you in advance, if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Old 06-17-2022, 04:04 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by beedesigned
Hi,

I have no sound in my (UK) audi a4 2006 symphony bose system speakers. everything is standard and it was all working great until one day it cut off.

i held the off button and turned it on it worked. couple of days later i kept trying to turn it off and and on but nothing would fix it. i checked the fuse box which is on the drivers side. checked the system fuse and its ok.

when i had these issues i heard a pop, crackle, no snap lol. not there is no sound at all. the system is still displaying details of the radio and cd and i can go into the settings. so i changed the settings to make sure theres nothing there which is causing the issue but nothing.

i feel like maybe i need to find the amp which is in the boot? but ive read the amp is only for the subwoofer. im going to try and take the system out and see if there is a loose wire.

its really strange but if anyone has an idea please let me know and i'll give it a go.

many you in advance, if you have any questions please feel free to ask.
I’m having this same issue with my 08 a6 the dealership said
“no communication to sound system control module” did you ever find a fix for yours?