B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Hyper-flow intake for A4 3.0

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 12:02 AM
1st Gear
Default Hyper-flow intake for A4 3.0

Hi,

Anybody install this - what's your thoughts - sound, any added "seat of the pants / noticeable" power gains?

I have my car chipped/sprint boosted, and it's terrific - looking for just a tad more oomph, and sound...

Quad

Old 04-24-2009, 11:51 AM
1st Gear

quad,

What chip did you use, how much, and how many HP gain? I'm thinking about chip it as well. I also notice Hyper-flow for quite some time please let me know the result if you decided to install.

Thanks.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:58 PM
1st Gear

I've been looking at this intake, as well as the Evolution Motorsports V-Flow intake. I can't find much on either one of them when it comes to experience/reviews. I hope somebody can enlighten us!

Quad, I'm also thinking about chipping and sprint boosting, but I'm just not too sure yet! I've heard the booster can become TOO sensitive for some, and the chip... I don't know if there are any downsides. Will the ECU still adapt to your driving style? Do you lose any features at all, even if small?

Old 04-26-2009, 12:42 AM
1st Gear

Hey folks,

Honestly, I took the sprint booster out, I couldn't get the clutch to "grab" smoothly, and I've always driven (for 22 years) manual transmission cars. When I took it out, I noticed quite a bit of difference in acceleration (it got slower), but for me It may be different for other folks, in particular autos.

As for the chip, I went with 034motorsports.com - said to give between 8-12hp max. IT IS noticeable, but not like adding a chip to a turbo 1.8 (which I've also had). The 3.0 is silky smooth, and I enjoy it. But, if you want your head to kick back, either do the chip and SB, or have a turbo car... I'm going to try the hyper flow in a month or so, and I'll let you know...

quad

Last edited by quadexhaust; 09-09-2009 at 04:06 PM.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:05 PM

intakes = minimal increase in hp. Bonuses = faster spool of turbo, louder sound (some consider this a negative, depends on the person)

Old 06-03-2009, 06:46 PM
1st Gear

I "missed" the sprint booster, so I just re-ordered it. Also ordered the hyperflow CAI from gmpperformance.com for a reasonable price. I'll let you all know what I think. I will NOT install both at the same time. I already had the sprint booster, so I know that is a "kick in the pants." However, no idea if the CAI will do anything, so I'll install them at different times, and let me you know.

I should have kept the sprint booster, it was awesome, but it just took a while to get used to. I sent it back because I was worried about the tranny, but it's just too much fun not to have it. I Hope the Sprint Booster is a "kick" also...

quad

Old 06-04-2009, 11:13 AM

Eric,

I thought the SBooster made it so the clutch didn't grab right no matter how you shifted, which is why you took it out.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:36 PM
4th Gear

without a heat shield intake will not increase hp.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:11 PM
1st Gear

alright, only took about an hour to install. If I only had the $$$ to do the sprint booster OR the Hyperflow - I would do the sprint booster "hands down" every time. If you are looking for a little more "noise," then the hyperflow might be the thing, but I don't think it did anywhere near what the sprint booster did for the "seat of the pants" feel.

Best,

Quad

Old 06-15-2009, 01:30 PM

Quad,

is the SB working better this time? Is the clutch catching smoother?

-Audra

Quick Reply: Hyper-flow intake for A4 3.0