B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Start, then stalls

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 08:22 AM
1st Gear
Default Start, then stalls

Hi!

I suddenly got a problem with my car when going to work this morning. It starts, then stops after 2-3 seconds.

I can rev it to over 4k, and then it will keep going, stop, keep going, stop, and as soon as I let the pressure of the pedal it dies.

When I disconnected the MAF-sensor, the car starts fine, so bought a new MAF-sensor.

After I installed the new MAF-sensor I got a check engine light. I tought this was due to the engine controller getting used to the new MAF, but it didnt go out after a couple of hours driving.

Checked the car with VAG-COM, where it says MAF low circut (or something similar). Anyway, checked the new MAF visually, and noticed that the sensor was mounted the wrong way in the housing. They had forced the mounting screws into the housing plastic, instead of turning it the right way and using the pre-drilled holes, idiots!

Flipped it the right way around, and started the car. It then stalls just like before, so Im back to square one... It runs fine with the maf disconnected.

Ive checked the vacuum hoses and cant find anything wrong, anywhere specific I should look? Any other tips?
Anybody had similar problems? Help would be greatly appriciated!

car: audi a4 2003 1.8t mlt

Sincerly, Morten