B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Water leaking through door latch and seems to be inside door itself

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 07:58 PM
1st Gear
Default Water leaking through door latch and seems to be inside door itself

Ok let me lay out the whole story. I took my car to audi because the battery continued to die. Anyway turns out I had a "parasitic" draw that took them 8 hours to diagnose. The entire wiring harness had to be replaced in the door. They also replaced the door latch for unknown reasons. Since then I've noticed water running throught the door latch itselt and also seems to be in the door because if you pull the plastic from the underside of the door water drips out. This is is really worrying me. I took it back to Audi and blamed them because before the latch I had never had trouble with this. They came back and told me that my hinges were bent and I needed to take it to a body shop. BS. Anyway the driver door does shut differently then all the rest but when I looked at the rear driver door it also had water on the underside just like the driver door. I'm wondering if it is weather stripping related and how serious this could be? Let me know...thanks in advance

Old 03-18-2009, 12:29 AM

I've had this issue ever since I bought the car in 2005 w/45k miles. The screw holding on the panel at the base of the door is so tight I can't get it off. I figure the owner knew about it and Audi attempted to fix it with no luck I just deal with it. The only problem it's caused is the door sticking in the winter due to frozen water.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:41 PM
1st Gear

Ok so it rained here again today and when i went out I noticed something on my car. If you open your door and near the point of the door near the door hande on the innerside there is a black pastic type thing. This thing is loose not only on the driver door but also on the rear driver door. I'm going to try and take some glue and put it in there to see what happens and if this helps. I will also to try and upload some pictures.