B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

Aftermarket R8 Style LED Headlights...

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 08:49 PM
1st Gear
Default Aftermarket R8 Style LED Headlights...

I've been thinking about getting a set of new headlights that I saw on eBay recently.

Example 1
Example 2
Example 3

Before buying them, I have SEVERAL concerns that have to be addressed. I contacted the sellers regarding the following issues, but I trust you guys over the people who are trying to sell them to me. Before I list my questions, I'll tell you a bit about my car; it's a 2005.5 Dolphin Gray 3.2 A4 [B7] with stock auto-leveling xenon headlights. Now for my list of questions...

1. Will I be able to use them based on my stock headlights?
2. Will these auto-level and follow my turns?
3. Has anyone else bought/seen these? If so, do you have any pictures? The more, the better.
4. Will these require more power than my stock headlights? If so, will this ever potentially cause a problem?
5. I have DRLs but I can switch them off. Will I be able to drive with JUST the LED strip on? Will I be able to drive with both the headlight and the strip on?
6. Does anyone know of a better place to get them than eBay? Or has anyone else bought them from eBay and been (dis)satisfied?
7. Do you think I should buy them?

Also, in an unrelated matter, I'd like to get HID-ish bulbs for my fog lights, has anyone done this?

I appreciate you guys taking the time to read and/or answer this post, and I apologize if there is a similar post out there.

--Dave

Attached Images  
Old 08-23-2009, 10:54 PM

I believe the target market for these lights are the Halogen owners that want a cheaper alternative than going OEM for xenon headlights. With that in mind, I do not think they will do the auto-leveling or adaptive stuff.

There are many people who have 'xenon matched' their fog lights. Many people use the 'Hoen' brand.

I would suggest you search Audizine for more information about both of those topics. They have both come up quite often over there.