B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

BATTERY REPLACEMENT ISSUE! DEALER WANTS $300 FOR NEW BATTERY!?!:eek:

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 04:09 PM
1st Gear
Exclamation BATTERY REPLACEMENT ISSUE! DEALER WANTS $300 FOR NEW BATTERY!?!:eek:

The Story goes...
So my sister is driving a 2008 Audi A4 2.0T S-Line with sport package*LEASED*. It has 26,000 miles on it. Last night on the way home she stopped by a market for some groceries. After getting in and starting the car, the engine would turn and then die. The battery warning symbol came on the screen, so she called AAA and then the tow truck driver said to leave it there over night and he would tow it to the dealership the next day. At the dealership, they are saying that the battery was no longer holding the charge, and wants 300 bucks to replace the battery.

The question...
Batteries are suppose to last longer than 2-3 years correct? If the battery fails to do so, wouldnt this be a factory defect? Something doesnt add up. Therefore, the dealership should replace the battery correct?

Im also aware that sudden drops of temperature isn't great on batteries. Last night dropped to almost 46 degrees F, and we live in Southern California! Please Advise.

The Car....
Currently being Leased
2008 Audi A4 S-Line CVT sport package.
18" Titanium Package
26,000 miles

Last edited by SuitedxACES; 11-24-2010 at 04:31 PM. Reason: forgot to make "The Car" bold fonts and adding trim level
Old 11-24-2010, 05:44 PM
1st Gear
Thumbs up Quick update...

After the car was brought to the Dealership. The Audi Technicians went to work and diagnosed the problem. They found that the Low Fuel Sensor was faulty along with the Intake Manifold sensor. Also, found out that the Firmware or software that was on the car was not up-to-date. Since the car is still under warranty -plus having added the AUDI CARE PACKAGE. The car is all better. The battery wont have to be replaced for another couple of months. But by then, we would have returned it already. Thanks for the information I found here, if things were to escalate, I would have been ready for it.

Thank you AUDIFORUMS.com

Old 11-24-2010, 08:37 PM
2nd Gear

Batteries are like wiper blades, brakes and such. Normal wear is not usually ever covered. I bought mine at the local auto parts store for $100. Then the key fobs would need to be reprogrammed but there is a great write up on here about that. $300 would have been a raping.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:17 PM
2nd Gear

Had to get a new battery for my "06" this summer, and that was only $150 from the dealer.

Old 11-30-2010, 10:11 PM
1st Gear

I had mine go out a month ago. They wanted 150 for the bat and 130 for the FOB. Crazy....

Old 12-01-2010, 04:26 PM
1st Gear
Default Battey, no FOB

Replaced my battery myself. No need to re-program the fob, just re-que it by starting the car, shut it off, and then press the lock button on the fob. All done. All the needed to be done is re-set the clock

Old 12-01-2010, 05:37 PM
2nd Gear

Glad I had the dealer install the battery. The fob's got totally messed up. Even doing the procedures outlined in the manual, and a few items that the dealership only new about did not work. The car had to be hooked up to the computer and reprogramed. The dealership said that it happens sometimes, and that the car can get so scrambled that it has to be hooked up to the computer to be fixed. Fortunately since they put in the battery, I didnot have to pay for the expensive reprograming.

Old 12-09-2010, 06:40 PM
1st Gear

okay so my battery is coming up to be changed...do i have auto zone do it or take to stealership???

Old 12-09-2010, 07:43 PM
2nd Gear

If autozone can do it for cheap, great. if having them change it causes the same mess I had, you will be back at the dealer anyway. I can't figure out how $300. I only was charge $150 to 160 at the dealer. Genuin Audi battery too.

Old 12-11-2010, 12:25 PM
Tech Certified

its pretty simple to replace the battery. Start the car, remove the battery cables. 6MM allen hold the battery down. Pull it out and replace it.

Leave the car running the entire time, but don't let the positive touch any metal. Replacing it with the car running keeps all your memory intact. (Windows, Clock, Keys)

Quick Reply: BATTERY REPLACEMENT ISSUE! DEALER WANTS $300 FOR NEW BATTERY!?!:eek: