AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   B7 Models (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b7-models-71/)
-   -   Bose vs. Non-bose (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b7-models-71/bose-vs-non-bose-174084/)

Bestinwest 09-17-2011 04:11 AM

Bose vs. Non-bose

I guess I didn't do all my research, but Im still happy with my new B7 :-D.

Here is the issue:

My car does not have Bose audio, but I was just wondering. Are the Bose speakers that much better on the B7? And whether or not you'd recommend changing the OEM speakers in my car right now. Thank you! I'm still new! Sorry if I posted something in the wrong place or something.

KingWulfgar 09-17-2011 08:11 AM

Don't stress about not getting the Bose system--I have it and it's not all that great. My '98 Mustang with a Kenwood deck and 4 Infinity Reference 6x8s sounded better. Just save your pennies and redo the audio system with good stuff when you get the chance.

2wdBlazer 09-19-2011 05:07 PM

I habe the Bose in my Trailblazer and it's the worst stock sounding system I've ever had. The Bose speakers are still crappy paper speakers at least im my truck. Aftermarket is always better.

esandes 09-20-2011 01:22 PM

bose is crap. i have it in my a4. it's the base stereo system.

KingWulfgar 09-20-2011 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by esandes (Post 1335400)
bose is crap. i have it in my a4. it's the base stereo system.

To be fair, the Bose system was a package upgrade, not the base system (at least it was in my '06). It's not stellar, though. There's an audio industry saying "No highs, no lows--must be Bose." They're just really good at marketing.

Honestly, you'll probably be better off without it if you want to upgrade later. Bose has a really odd rear deck speaker that I don't know if anyone makes anything off-the-shelf to replace it.

esandes 09-20-2011 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by KingWulfgar (Post 1335421)
To be fair, the Bose system was a package upgrade, not the base system (at least it was in my '06). It's not stellar, though. There's an audio industry saying "No highs, no lows--must be Bose." They're just really good at marketing.

Honestly, you'll probably be better off without it if you want to upgrade later. Bose has a really odd rear deck speaker that I don't know if anyone makes anything off-the-shelf to replace it.

LOL, that's great; no highs, no lows-must be bose. my bookshelf sony has 2x6.5" speakers that absolutely rocks the 7 speaker (2 tweets, 4x6.5" and a sub) bose system. next time, it's B&O or the base system and i'll replace it with aftermarket-it's probably cheaper that way anyway.

2wdBlazer 09-21-2011 02:52 PM

Its funny how the Bose Systems in all these higher end cars are absolutely crap.

There home stuff is so goos and my Bose ear-buds with silicone inserts are the best ear buds i've ever owned. Makes me mad how they can do the car stuff so shitty and these companies give them all that business.

b7ghost 11-03-2011 10:12 PM

my b7 has the bose system and i think it sounds good. theres no sub but the lows hit good enough for what i listen to.

Neal4007 11-04-2011 07:39 AM

Guess you guys need to hear the system from my ears.
In my '07 A4 Avant,it sounds like an intimate performance.Plus the subwoofer can almost shake the mirrors off my ride.hehe

megailko 11-07-2011 01:46 PM

I have the bose in my current b7, and had the basic system in my old one. The bose is definitely a little better, but only a little, and the bass is just simply NOT ENOUGH. what were they thinking? My dad's VW with his stock Dynaudio (600-700W) kicks the Bose's butt into the middle of last century. You should NOT be sorry that you don't have it. Just get a decent aftermarket one.