B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

Can't Have IPOD hooked with 6 Disc Changer??

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 10:46 PM
rmh
1st Gear
Default RE: Can't Have IPOD hooked with 6 Disc Changer??

FWIW, get the A4 with the 6-disc changer, the iPod bay, the bluetooth cell phone integration, and the Sirius, then spend ~$200 for a Garmin nuvi200w nav system. This little box can sit in your console's ashtray and work just fine.

OEM installed Nav packages are "Bend-Over-Here-It-Comes-Again" (BOHICA) options that may only have the single advantage of being an in-dash system, but cost up to 10x the cost of a high quality aftermarket basic system.

If you want real-time traffic updates, then you need to subscribe to an additional service from MSN, Garmin, or other provider, and purchase a more costly nav system than the 200w mentioned above.

YMMV, so do the research for your area.

Old 06-22-2008, 12:45 PM
Default RE: Can't Have IPOD hooked with 6 Disc Changer??

Thanks2007BLKUA for the link. I have just taken delivery of a A4 Avant Quattro 2.0T, and the only thing that is letting it down is that I can't attach by BlackBerry MP3 player 8-( A local garage has quoted me $400 for adding the aux input jack, but I'm damned if I'm going to pay that much for some yahoo to plug in a wire and drill a small hole in the glove box.

Old 07-04-2010, 03:37 PM
1st Gear
Default 2 years later

Well I have been trying figure this out on and off for the last 2 years. I purchased a 2008 A4 with an indash 6 disk changer with an IPOD connection in the glove box. I purchased a sat pass 2 and ran all the cabling back to my sirius box in the trunk. From research I have found I also needed to move a plug on the passenger side pannel. After doing that I have signal from my sirius sat box in the trunk but I have no audio. So I guess that is what this sat pass 2 does. So i take out my deck plug the sat pass into my deck and plug the blue connection to my sat pass 2 connection. Now I guess Im a completely retarded becuase everyone else that has installed this has had no problems, but I can not find the connection from my sirius box to behind the cd deck?? My IPOD and in dash six disk player is working great but I can not find the connection that plugs in the other end of my sat pass 2 to split the audio for my IPOD and Sirus? Since my sirius never worked I just assumed since my IPOD was working and my sirius wasn't, I just thought my sirius plug was just hanging in the back of the deck some were. Every person I have read that has been able to split there audio has had not problems, but the problem is no one ever says were that sirius connection is at to plug into the sat pass 2 connection. Any one got any Ideas?

Bryan

Old 07-12-2010, 09:12 PM
1st Gear

Dont sweat it, the iPod hook up sucks anyways. No where near the domestics hook ups.

Old 02-19-2011, 04:51 PM
1st Gear
Default How can I connect MP3 input to Symphony radio/6CD?

I just bought a 2008 A4 Quattro and has an in-dash 6CD changer. Although my wife's much cheaper Camry came standard with an MP3 input, this expensive car does not have one. There is an AUX connection on the back of radio with a white (common), a purple and a blue (R & L) coming out that go to the trunk where the Sat radoi is supposed to be hooked up.
I connected my MP3 player to the above three wires, but cannot get the AUX or EXT input to show up on the radio. The Symphony manual says "press the CD button several times and EXT input shows up" and the MP3 is supposed to be heard. But, I cannot get the radio to broadcast from AUX.
In the trunk there are two brown wires on the same connector as the above three wires. There is also a separate connector with 12V and ground in it.
Does anybody know how I can get the radio to understand that there is a signal coming from AUX and it should switch to it?
Thank you very much

Old 07-15-2015, 01:57 PM
1st Gear
Default 2008 Audi A4 symphony ii+ no cd changer no iPod

I have a 2008 Audi A4 it didn't come with a external cd changer I bought a aux/iPod cable from Amazon cd7-12 pops up but I get no sound any idea why?