B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

Climate control issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 04:02 AM
1st Gear
Default Climate control issues

Hello, new member here.

Have the 2008 a4 2.0 quattro. My greatest annoyance with this car was/is the idiotic climate control. What do the temperatures actually mean when you set them for driver or passenger? I was assuming logically, its the air temperture you want the air to be, but they obviously aren't, at least in my car. If I set at 68 i want the air to blow at 68....but the air will change from cold to hot at this same setting, just because the outside temperture changes from 70 to 67...and it does all the time, since i drive through mountain ares and flats where temp changes by 5-8 degrees easily.

Now how the heck do i turn this stupid behavior off??? I want to control the temp, not the car. It is counterintuituve, but mainly it just doesnt work. I want my 2 *****, one for temp one for fan, and an AC button those were the days..

Another thing that drives me crazy is that the air blows from the front window sills both driver and passenger right on my arm...it feels like if air was passing through the poor insulation in the door. I thought that at first, until i turned off the main vents via button and sent air to the top via the up arrow....window sills stopped blowing air, but then the windshield starts condensating because of cold air and i have to double the fan speed.

Please help me keep my sanity. I love this car, but when i start fighting with the climate control, I feel like running it into a wall. Sorry for a lengthy post and the venting. Am I alone in my issues? Or does no one get annoyed by this but me?

Thanks for your help.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:33 PM
2nd Gear

My Jetta GLX would sometimes do that. One thing I noticed is if the sun hits the sensor or not. If the sun would hit the sensor, it could trigger the air, but if you turned and the sensor was now in the shade the air would back off, or in certain circumstances, the heat might try to kick on. Hopefully it has not gone bad. When my Jetta's malfunctioned it was $600 to fix. The car started rapid fireing between hot and cold, and dash and floor vents.