B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

Couple of questions...maybe new a4 owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 07:49 AM
1st Gear
Default Couple of questions...maybe new a4 owner

So, I am thinking of taking the leap and getting into a 05 or 06 2.0t a4. I currently drive a 99 civic si LSVTEC that runs about 22psi andmake a bit ober 400 hp. The only reason I want to get out of it is I think I am outgrowning it. I bought it when I was 19 and in college and now that I have a real job and have to go to work with other people driving Mercedes and BMWs etc... I really just don't like rolling up in my civic, even though I love driving it. I have a couple of questions that I could not find already answered on here. If someone has already answered them can you just get me a link to that post.

So I say all that to say that the Honda runs a GT2871R turbo, the same turbo that some of the people on this forum suggest to run with the a4. So my question is should I take the turbo off the Honda in expectation of eventually putting it on the Audi?? Also, will the boost levels of that turbo be too much for the stock rods of the a4?? Would it be better for me to just run the stock turbo with some basic mods and then look at upgrading the turbo later on??

Another question...is it worth the extra $$ to get the Audi Nav or should I just get the basic radio and then do I think the Avic D1?? Also, if doing this, is there anything special that needs to be done with the factory amplifier (This is the one question I think is already answered on this forum, but I'll ask anyway)?? Can I just bypass it, or wire into it?? Also, is there an interface to make the steering wheel controls still work?

Last question(s)...are there any packages I should be sure I get? I know I want the HIDs, heated seats, brushed aluminum accents, 6 speed, quattro, dual climate control (standard?), or any other option that you guys think is important?

Thanks for all the advice...