AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   B7 Models (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b7-models-71/)
-   -   questions about tuning (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b7-models-71/questions-about-tuning-154368/)

HermanL 08-02-2010 06:54 PM

questions about tuning

Hi guys, i got my 05.5 B7 A4 FWD with 65k miles two months ago and i chipped two weeks ago, I kind of want to go for further upgrade, but i don't have a huge budget for this and spend a lot of money on a 5years old car, what you guys think i should do next that would give me more fun to drive but not costing too much? thank you in advance!!

buellwinkle 08-02-2010 07:00 PM

I am new to the world of Audi but for my Smart and MBs I have done a gizmo called a Sprint Booster. It gives you quicker throttle response and makes the car feel quicker and more responsive. I'm very skeptical about this sort od stuff but this actually works.

HermanL 08-02-2010 07:25 PM

Thanks for the info, i just took a look at the website, I basically understand what that thing do for your car, i think it works like you have someone step on the pedal for you instead of you do it on your own, but 300 bucks for this is a little bit of too much since it does not really enhance your car's performance, but thank you for the info man.

eMacPaul 08-02-2010 07:37 PM

You can upgrade your suspension (springs/shocks or coilovers), RS4 RSB (only a slight improvement for us FWD guys). You could also add an exhaust (go custom for best price) and high-flow-cat (034 motorsports) or test pipe, for a few more horse.

HermanL 08-02-2010 07:44 PM

thank you for info, i do thinking about upgrade my exhaust, i am not quite sure about what you mean by custom, i checked couple tuning companies for pipes, i found out that not many of them make one for FWD and CVT, there is one called magnaflow sounds pretty good, but i am not sure what is the best for me

eMacPaul 08-03-2010 12:06 PM

By custom I mean purchase universal mufflers, and then take them to an exhaust shop to have them fabricate the rest. This is what I'm doing, with two Magnaflow mufflers. As opposed to buying a complete cat-back system for 700-1200.

HermanL 08-03-2010 12:55 PM

Got you, so how much you end up paying like this?

makav3li 08-03-2010 11:05 PM

Depends on how much the exhaust shop wants to charge you, if you go with stainless steel piping it'll cost more or if u just go with a general metal it'll be alot less but won't look as good. You best bang for you buck at this point is installing a test pipe which is just a pipe that replaces your catalytic converter, now if you have emissions inspections yearly you will fail them because you dont have a cat. You can also get a high flow cat which is better than stock but isn't as good as a test pipe. Another very cheap mod is air intake, you can just rip out the stock air box and put a cone filter on it, you wont get much of a hp gain but the turbo and the DV will be much louder.

Otter11 08-04-2010 05:50 PM

I have a Stasis exhaust ($995 from Exhalt Motorsport) with a 034 Motorsport HFC ($295) and I am very happy! Also once that was on stepped up to stage 2 REVO. It was an awesome boost in performance and for me it was worth the money. If your comfortable putting it all in yourself you can also save a lot of money.

B7Night 08-04-2010 06:17 PM

Just remember if you do any engine/software mods, you will need to keep an eye on your cam follower and diverter valve. The added stress can cause them to fail.