B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

Spoke with AFS, and the total is.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 02:45 PM
1st Gear
Default Spoke with AFS, and the total is.....

$715 to unload my lease. ($350 disposition fee, $240 per the assessor for scratches on the side, and $125 for miles over - will go about 500 miles over allotment) Kind of PWNED if you ask me, but the assessor missed a SHload of other things and he was pretty generous! (obviously washed the exterior and detailed the interior before he came) Oh yea, and I paid $600 for new tires. The ones I was on were OEM, and had about 44,500 miles on them!

Looking forward to my new car which will be ready for delivery in about two weeks!!!

What are other's experience with "end of lease costs?"

Old 03-21-2008, 01:25 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Spoke with AFS, and the total is.....

I sold my leased car. I made $1500 rather than the $1,200 i would've had to pay to return the leased car. The net result for me was a $3k gain. Not easy to sell car, if you are under pressure of time, as in you have less than 1 month to sell it, then you might have diffilulty exercising this option. The option is no longer exerciseable once the lease term is up.

Old 03-21-2008, 04:52 PM
1st Gear

What you do if you're under pressure is BUY the car from the the leasing bank and then take your time to sell it. This is essentially what you do when you sell the car yourself anyways. You buy it from the bank, then you sell it to the new buyer.

I would never pay a return lease fee. Man, no way!

My mother is buying out her Camry lease this week for her residual of $14.5k and should easily be able to sell it for $17-18k on the open market. Gotta love it.

Old 03-23-2008, 09:54 PM
1st Gear

Not worth the time and hassle for me. Lease is up, thats it.

Is all I'm saying is it could have been ALOT worse if the assessor found other issues. I think I actually made out OK.

Old 04-07-2008, 12:09 AM
1st Gear

hmmm kinda scary to hear.... what known issues did he miss???? my car is a lease return......

Old 04-07-2008, 02:08 PM
1st Gear

A 5 inch scratch on the rear bumper. Unfortunately the fork of my bike caught the bumper when I was putting it in the back one time. I touched this up myself with 2 step finishing paint the dealer gave me, and I guess actually did a pretty good job since he didnt notice it. (cosmetic issue)

My brother backed the car up and the front spoiler lip got caught on the curb. (will never let him drive again!) the result was a plastic piece hanging down below the bumper of the car. Also, the front plastic near the front foglight was banged up a bit with a little dent. (Both of these issues may have required a new bumper or front lip I was told from body shop employee) In summary: (cosmetic issue)

Two rims had a bit of curb rash. One noticable scratch, and the other small rash from curb. (cosmetic issue)

So in summary, as you can see, this is all cosmetic. The car drove fine. I wouldnt be worried. As long as you did the due dilligence about researching the cars history, and made sure you had an outside party inspect it, and examined all of the body yourself, you should be fine.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:55 PM
1st Gear

So with the Audi lease return an assessor goes over the car before you return it? I leased a Jetta and did nothing like that at all when I returned it. I called the bank who financed the lease and told 'em where I was dropping it off and when. I took the car back to the original dealership, handed them the keys and told 'em to have a nice day. Never heard another thing about it. I sent the plates in and that was it.
You got to pay that $$ up front when you drop the car off, or does AFS bill you?

Old 04-10-2008, 04:39 PM
1st Gear

Yup, fully assessed. I am shocked they did not do this for your Vdub.

Did not pay them any money up front. I was told that I would get the final bill from AFS in about 4 weeks.