B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

2012 A4 premium not so premium buyers remorse

Old 08-29-2013, 05:15 PM
1st Gear
Default 2012 A4 premium not so premium buyers remorse

I have had 7 audi's and currently own a 2001 S6 Avant quattro and my new 12' A4. After purchasing the 12' A-4 sight unseen I realized there are some design flaws with this vehicle.

- The back seats do NOT fold down and there is no pass through
- The radio system will not do blue tooth to your ipod and requires a cable to connect.
- The traction control button is where you rest your hand to shift gears so you constantly turn it off accidentally
- The speedometer is 3MPH off (OEM tires/rims)

Even when you do use the ridiculous hard wire connection splunking in the glove box mine does not seem to work correctly. I have taken the vehicle to the stealership and they claim that it is okay that Audi speedometers are known to have a 10% variance. Even then if mine reads 10 MPH it is actually going 7 mph which is 30% off. I have contacted Audi of north America to report the above failures and regarding trade in assistance and they told me only on a brand new car (I bought mine 10 months old).

It seems to save a few dollars Audi is returning to the days when their product was crap. Its a shame too because the drive train on the vehicle is very solid and gets good mileage. Why they would not include items you get stock on a KIA is beyond me...

Old 08-29-2013, 10:08 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by triptaker1
I have had 7 audi's and currently own a 2001 S6 Avant quattro and my new 12' A4. After purchasing the 12' A-4 sight unseen I realized there are some design flaws with this vehicle.

- The back seats do NOT fold down and there is no pass through
- The radio system will not do blue tooth to your ipod and requires a cable to connect.
- The traction control button is where you rest your hand to shift gears so you constantly turn it off accidentally
- The speedometer is 3MPH off (OEM tires/rims)

Even when you do use the ridiculous hard wire connection splunking in the glove box mine does not seem to work correctly. I have taken the vehicle to the stealership and they claim that it is okay that Audi speedometers are known to have a 10% variance. Even then if mine reads 10 MPH it is actually going 7 mph which is 30% off. I have contacted Audi of north America to report the above failures and regarding trade in assistance and they told me only on a brand new car (I bought mine 10 months old).

It seems to save a few dollars Audi is returning to the days when their product was crap. Its a shame too because the drive train on the vehicle is very solid and gets good mileage. Why they would not include items you get stock on a KIA is beyond me...
Sounds like you needed to do a little more home work. None of the items are overwhelming issues. If they concern you then maybe you should trade it in for a KIA.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:59 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by jagtoes
Sounds like you needed to do a little more home work. None of the items are overwhelming issues. If they concern you then maybe you should trade it in for a KIA.
great idea or perhaps they should not sell crap marked "Prestige". Agreed on the homework issue but just figured after several successful ownerships the vehicle would be properly optioned with that trim level.

Rear seat not folding down, is an issue if you carry bikes or ski's to airports (no real work around for high dollar items), no work around for the no Bluetooth for itunes and really no work around for a traction control button put in the wrong place ? All overwhelming issues that were not expected when purchased, so according to your logic (or lack thereof) that means Audi made great decisions when optioning this 45K vehicle and I should ultimately drive a KIA ?.

Old 08-30-2013, 06:34 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by triptaker1
great idea or perhaps they should not sell crap marked "Prestige". Agreed on the homework issue but just figured after several successful ownerships the vehicle would be properly optioned with that trim level.

Rear seat not folding down, is an issue if you carry bikes or ski's to airports (no real work around for high dollar items), no work around for the no Bluetooth for itunes and really no work around for a traction control button put in the wrong place ? All overwhelming issues that were not expected when purchased, so according to your logic (or lack thereof) that means Audi made great decisions when optioning this 45K vehicle and I should ultimately drive a KIA ?.
Hey you bought it so you knew what was in it. This seems to be the 1st times the seats and traction issues came up but the bluetooth has been discussed many times. Good luck with the KIA