AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   B8 Models (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b8-models-72/)
-   -   Bang and Olfsun speakers. Worth it? (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b8-models-72/bang-olfsun-speakers-worth-121917/)

GDuran144 01-02-2009 03:29 AM

Bang and Olfsun speakers. Worth it?

Please delete this account

Smeggles 01-07-2009 11:17 PM

I think the difference between the Symphony and the B&O are night and day, but I am big into car audio.

My only complaint is that I would have enjoyed a stronger subwoofer.

-Smeggles

mkc 01-08-2009 04:01 AM

I really wish I went for the B&O stereo. The standard concert is really good, 10 speakers, including sub and amp in the boot but the B&O is so much better and sounds more expensive than the asking price.

It provides 14 speakers, DSP Amp and all the speakers have a silver front so it just finishes off the look in the car better. The bass I find on the Concert one is better than Ive heard in any other factory supplied stereo but it is not that tight and it makes the parcel shelf vibrate long after its played the notes. The B&O just so much better, you will kick yourself if you do not request this as an upgrade if you love your music. I know I am.

cirrus55 01-08-2009 11:31 AM

Definitely worth the money. I got the B&O sound package after reading some reviews before I signed on the dotted line. Owned my new 2009 for 2 months now, and love every minute of it.

stathound 01-08-2009 01:52 PM

I definitely regret not gett ing the B&O system, I wonder how hard it would be to switch the amp for a much stronger one and switch the sub to a higher quality one?

piotrowr 01-08-2009 05:02 PM

B&O All the Way!

Originally Posted by GDuran144 (Post 1017798)
I have a premium plus model and wonder if the speaker upgrade makes that much of a diffrence. Does anybody actually know, as in the went and test drove both models?

(Hoping that the speakers sucks and glad I wasn't able to get them. :))

You are missing out! Sorry to rub it in...

thxac3 01-22-2009 10:00 PM

I'm a huge home audiophile, but when it comes to cars I've never really been into paying top dollar for factory systems. Road noise always seems to ruin the sound, and at high volume levels my ears start to fatigue. Is the system that comes with the premium plus package good enough for decent volume levels of music? I listen to everything from opera to some rap. I will be looking to upgrade the sub to get deeper and tighter bass, but changing out the highs and mids will be an issue in these newer luxury cars.

piotrowr 01-23-2009 10:53 AM

I have the B&O and is the most amazing sound system I have ever heard, even compared to indoor systems. With it you can literally spend time in your garage listening to music vs. in your living room. That said I have read several posts that the symphony alone simply does not compare to the B&O which is now ranked higher than Bose. I would personally pass on doing any upgrades to the bass and go with the B&O package as the 500 watt amp and bass on this system provides plenty of bass and quality in my opinion.

kavan 01-27-2009 02:04 PM

I would love to know how to improve the stock system which is not B/O, I think for that money I can get much better quailty maybe in Bose or somthing else after market. 3000 dollars is too much money and I hated not having enough bass.

stathound 01-27-2009 06:46 PM

Probably something around Alpine F1 status, it looks like it would be easy to put an aftermarket system in with the Amp being in the trunk and the sub in the rear window shelf..