AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   B8 Models (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b8-models-72/)
-   -   confused A4 owner (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b8-models-72/confused-a4-owner-216200/)

treeseriz 06-03-2015 12:58 AM

confused A4 owner

About 20 months ago my A4 underwent a topend overhaul at the dealership it was titled "stage 2" oil consumption, that was at around 68k mi. I get my oil changed regularly and while I may not baby this car bc it is a car, without warning of any kind, no weird noise, no lights, nothing, as I was leaving work started my car and it idled crazy low intermittent, as if it was going to stall. So I did what any girl would and listened for drag with the RPM's up, (I wasnt about to walk). Drove home 10 mi, pulled in my drive and I though my motor was going to bounce out of my car it idled so friggin hard. I turned it off had it towed to a mechanic and he phoned me the bad news......she's gone, without any indication there was anything wrong, does anyone understand any of this?

Audi Tek 06-04-2015 07:33 PM

Thats what they said....? Its gone....? No technical diagnosis. Mechanics are horrible. Find a technician who knows what they are doing

treeseriz 06-05-2015 12:25 AM

confused a4 ownwer

Got it

jagtoes 06-05-2015 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by treeseriz (Post 1492563)
About 20 months ago my A4 underwent a topend overhaul at the dealership it was titled "stage 2" oil consumption, that was at around 68k mi. I get my oil changed regularly and while I may not baby this car bc it is a car, without warning of any kind, no weird noise, no lights, nothing, as I was leaving work started my car and it idled crazy low intermittent, as if it was going to stall. So I did what any girl would and listened for drag with the RPM's up, (I wasnt about to walk). Drove home 10 mi, pulled in my drive and I though my motor was going to bounce out of my car it idled so friggin hard. I turned it off had it towed to a mechanic and he phoned me the bad news......she's gone, without any indication there was anything wrong, does anyone understand any of this?

There are only 2 oil consumption "stage" repairs for engines using considerable amounts of oil. Stage 1 is PCV valve and some seals and SW updates. Stage 2 is the significant one where they basically do an engine rebuild including new rings and pistons. As mentioned you need to ask and find out exactly what has gone wrong. My bet is you got the stage 1 repair and and it eventually ran so low that the engine was damaged. It is also strange that you did not get any warning like low oil or coolant overheating or low coolant. Unlike many other brand cars these 2.0L engines use oil. You need to check the oil at least once a week or every 1000 miles to make sure it is OK. Please find out what the problem is and keep us apprised.

treeseriz 06-05-2015 09:28 PM

treeseriz

It was stage 2 R & I engine , replaced pistons and rings , along with water pump and belt for pump( also gaskets, bolt,stud,washer sealant,torx screw,schraube,and flex hose)

treeseriz 06-05-2015 09:58 PM

treeseriz

Can anyone tell me what can happen if someone replaces the tensioner on an a4 and its not done correctly?