B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

Just got my new A4 2.0 2009, Questions and advice... need help!

Old 06-22-2009, 10:43 AM
1st Gear
Default Just got my new A4 2.0 2009, Questions and advice... need help!

Hi All,

I will post pics soon... but I just got my Sapphire black A4 2.0T with the following:

Navigation
Sports Package
B&O sound
I-pod cable
tints
Audi care
and that clear plastic protective film in front
chrome tailpipe
financed over 72 months at 2.9% (I am poor

Some things of note...

1-I came from a G35x... and I MISS the keyless entry and keyless go... My advice... get the technology package, even if it is soooo expensive!

2-I already have a chip in the paint on the drivers door handle... could it be that Audi has cheap paint now and my fingernail scratched it off? the car is 3 days old!

3-My tint has some bubbles, can I ask for it to be redone? I bought the car in Montreal at Audi Lauzon from this hot sales girl... I am weak, I know.

4-On delivery, she gave me only one key... how many keys am I supposed to get?

5- How should I break the car in, I have kept it under 3K RPM so far, have 400Kms right now

6- Is there a good interior cleaner that is safe, I am finding fingerprints and dust show clearly on my black interior

7- The key fob opens the trunk for me, very nice, but is there an easy way to close the trunk without touching the outside of it? I am **** about handmarks.

8- I am trying to figure out which item in my intrument cluster shows me the average gas consumption rate? I would like to reset this every fillup and guage how the car performs... does the trip computer keep a history of this? My G35x kept the last 15 resets stored (I had the navi on that one too)

9-B&O does not seem like it has enough oomph, do I have to set GALA on or off?

10- anyone have a spoiler (oEM front or back) does it look good?

11- I find a lot of brake dust on the mags, if I dont clean this off regularly (every drive) does it bake in or do damage to the mags?

12- any value in getting splash guards?

13- How do I get voice control to actually work! How do I train my voice to it? It always says "pardon me" How much can the voice control actually do? Can I select radio presets with it? Can I select phone entries?

Old 06-22-2009, 11:44 AM
1st Gear

I can only answer 2 questions.

You should get 2 keys.

I have read on the forums that Brake is crazy in the beginning and gets less and less as time goes on. but will always be a problem. Solution is different brake pads.......but that is not full proof either. Get a good spray wheel cleaner and stay on them. I wouldnt let the brake dust sit there for an extended period of time especially in extreme conditions.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:27 AM

Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the forum. OK, lets see:

2- the paint seems to of good quality so this was likely something that happend durning delivery...or you have already whacked something as I doubt your hands would have chipped the paint.
3- Factory tint, or any tint for that matter should not have bubbles. Excellent reason to see your "salesgirl" again...
4- Two keys for sure as they are crazy expensive.
5- Drive the car moderately. Read the owners manual but just keep in mind that you want to drive it a various engine speeds, loads,etc. Don't baby it too much but be sure to stay away from the redline and full throttle situations.
6- I like Maquires
7- There is a little "pocket" on the inside of the trunk lid on the right. Just give it a quick pull down. Obviously you have to let go and get your hand out of the way before it fully closes but with a littlle practice, it is easy.
11- The stock brakes are a bit "grabby" and throw off tons of dust. Nothing to really hurt the car but you can look into "dustless" ceramics. They tend to be a little less grabby as well.
12- The front splash guards look fine but are a little too small to do a lot of good. The rears and giant and were so big I took them back...but I am sure they would work very well...lol.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:11 PM
1st Gear

OK I wont go get splash guards...

I do think the ceramic brakes might be a good option... the cra is so beautiful and rides very well... cant wait to stomp in the gas after a few 1000s of KMs... just babying her now.

The navigation is not as bad as I thought it would be, nice and clean, and has some voice control too.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:00 AM
1st Gear

I also notice a small studder when I go from a stop to pushing the pedal (a bit hard on pedal mind you) aND the car kinda studders... normal? I have a 2.0T 2009

Old 07-08-2009, 02:27 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Halawala
I also notice a small studder when I go from a stop to pushing the pedal (a bit hard on pedal mind you) aND the car kinda studders... normal? I have a 2.0T 2009
I notice the same jerk and shake motion on mine. But it has happened to me only 3 times so far. I not pushing her yet since its still the break in period. Still learning about the car.

~K

Old 07-08-2009, 02:40 PM

4 - I think you should get two remote keys, a valet key, and wallet key. Which would be 4 keys. But that may have changed over the years. Def look into it.

6 - Black interior shows everything so get used to it. You should buy vinyl cleaner from a respected brand name. Test in an inconspicuous area just to be sure it is safe.

8 - there should be a MPG average and MPG instantaneous reading in the instrument cluster screen. read the user manual for full details. I usaully track the miles per fill-up with the odometer and divide by the miles per fill-up to get a precise MPG number. If this number jives with the MPG average value than just use that.

10 - i think the small lip spoilers on the trunk look cool

Congrats on the new car. Thats quite a purchase for a "poor" person. Cant wait to see some pics.

Old 07-08-2009, 03:56 PM
1st Gear

Here are a few things I can answer -

1-I got the keyless entry, start button package. It is so much worth it and its even smarter than before (based on what I know)

3-I didn't get any extra tinting done. But I do see on my car that there is a light tint on all windows.

4- I got two key fubs, a wallet key (who's fake fub in in the glove compartment).

5-I am trying to keep my rpm's under 3K. There's section in the manual which talks about how to drive the first 1000 miles. A detailed description is given - they ask you to raise to higher speeds after 500 miles ( I still need to read that and get into it).

6- Mine's black interior too. I see finger prints on the button panels. Other than that, its hard to see since its a matte finish. There's a lot of dust accumulating on the matte surface. I plan to use a car vac that I have and vacuum it regularly. That's the price you pay for getting black .

8-There are 2 trip computers which compute a lot of things. You can use those. For mpg calculation, I just do it myself (number of miles travelled/number of gallons to tank full). I enter my data into mymilemarker.com, which nicely maintains the record and computes mpg.

11- I have the same problems with the brake pads. Lots of dust. I still need to look into the problem.

13- To get the voice commands, press the voice control button and say 'help'. It will list all the commands.

Have fun with you new car!

~K

Old 07-08-2009, 05:05 PM
Banned

i'm with AutoUnionFan, I got the 4 keys.

damn, they offer B&O in the A4 now. Sweet.

when you close your trunk lid, put your fingers on the rings when you close it to avoid leaving fingerprints.

aftermarket tints usually suck. those bubbles are so amateur. my factory tint (for back windows) is flawless.

the paint chip is not likely from your fingernail.

the brake dust is normal. it washes off easily and does no damage to the wheel.

i thought mud guards were standard on all audis? i'd recommend them. get them from the dealer.

Old 07-12-2009, 11:20 AM
1st Gear
Default Stutter Starts

Originally Posted by Halawala
I have figured out that if you don't come to a complete and total stop with about 5-10 seconds of waiting before taking off, the car will stutter. I have read (somewhere) that Audi is aware of the problem but has given no indication of fixing. It is the drive by wire system that needs tweaking. The blasted dealership was clueless or specifically avoided the question.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just got my new A4 2.0 2009, Questions and advice... need help!