AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   B8 Models (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b8-models-72/)
-   -   New to audi (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b8-models-72/new-audi-123562/)

hisdigness 01-23-2009 05:09 PM

New to audi

Hello,

I have been a BMW owner for a long time now. I have always had my eye on Audi but many people had bad experiences. The 2009 A4 has actually drawn my attention so much to the point of as my friends say "going to the dark side"

I currently have a 335i manual. The car is a beast but it lacks certain luxury when it comes to the interior. The B8 A4 has one of the most impressive interiors I have seen to date. Especially with its NAV and MMI.

Basically what I am wondering is, does anyone here think the switch is worth it. I am considering the 2.0t s-line quattro. I have heard of chips that can boost its power. Now I have grown up a lot since my first BMW and 0-60 no longer means what it did when I was younger. I know the quattro mixed with a chipped turbo 4cly can be awesome.

Does anyone here have specific number gains and roughly how much the chip in question costs?

Any thoughts are welcome.

Thanks a bunch in advance for your responses.

Hooman

2009A4Sline 01-23-2009 09:19 PM

My 2 cents

i was in the same boat as you, I have had previous BMW sports cars and have a current 2008 BMW X5 (which my wife is going to take when my car comes in) I was back and forth between the 335 coupe with the sport package and all the other "bells and whistles" bmw has to offer. As a matter of fact the decision is what brought me to these forums in the first place....I was asking for opinions just like you. I live in New York and couldnt help remember that when it snowed outside my past BMW which was rear wheel drive was useless. I went to look at the Audi's which were nice but when i went into the back of the dealer i saw a brand new A4 2.0T S-LINE....The car definately caught my attention....I drove it and was pleasantly suprised at how the car handled and the interior is just beautiful. If you are in it for power there is no comparison between the BMW and the Audi but for the overall package...Audi has it. The big deciding factor for me however was that everytime I am out on the road I see countless BMW coupes and sedans....I very rarely see the new Audi A4......I think getting the Audi will make you stand out from the crowd in a sea of BMW's plus the LED headlights will definately turn some heads. So finally I ordered a 2009 A4 2.0T 6 speed manual, Brillaint Black, Navigation, Prestige, S-LINE package(interior/exterior). ordered Jan 5th will get here late March(I hope) Good Luck with your decision.

poppy 01-24-2009 09:47 AM

Chipped A4s can be pretty amazing but I agree it is the total package that wins the day for Audi vs. BMW.

hisdigness 01-24-2009 03:01 PM

Awesome guys. I really appreciate the information and opinions. I am going to test drive one today and see what happens. I will report back with my findings.

Hooman

hisdigness 02-02-2009 05:38 PM

So went to dealer. No A4 2.0t quattro sticks out till march. Now we wait.

ThePiombino 02-03-2009 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by hisdigness (Post 1030016)
I currently have a 335i manual. The car is a beast but it lacks certain luxury when it comes to the interior. The B8 A4 has one of the most impressive interiors I have seen to date.

The interior was about 75% of the reason why I went with the new A4 over a 3-series. There's something about the interior of the A4 that makes it seem so much warmer than the Bimmer. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those crackpots who will sit here and try to match up an A4 to a 335, or even a 328 HP-wise, but when you spend as much time commuting to and from work as I do, interior becomes that much more important than a few horses. Not to mention, if it's really that important to you, a few mods and you're pushing 300 HP with the B8. Previous A4's have been very friendly to tuning. It's only a matter of time before the newest incarnation gets there.

jafza05 02-03-2009 09:23 AM

Same here man, I had a '05 325xi and I thought I'd never buy a non-bmw again but when this thing came out and I drove it, it was awesome. And if you go spec for spec, its about $5000 cheaper...

My only complaint is that it is a tad bigger than the 325 and it doesn't handle QUITE as well, but if BMW was a 10 then this would be a solid 9. Other than that I love it.

hisdigness 02-04-2009 01:43 PM

Awesome thanks again for the replies. I can't wait to test drive the car myself.

Hooman

martian421 02-04-2009 02:54 PM

OT, where would someone go about finding a chip for the '09 Audi 2.0T?

ThePiombino 02-05-2009 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by martian421 (Post 1036511)
OT, where would someone go about finding a chip for the '09 Audi 2.0T?

http://www.giacusa.com/programs.php?mpid=118

Only one out there right now as far as I know. At least from a reputable tuner.