B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

New Member (APR Turboback Exhaust Stage 2 tune) info

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 10:16 AM
1st Gear
Default New Member (APR Turboback Exhaust Stage 2 tune) info

Good morning,

I am a new Audi owner (2012 A4 2.0). I am interested in the APR Turboback Exhaust & Stage 2 tune. Does anyone have any experience with this? Will this cause problems with my vehicle in the future?

Thanks!

Old 02-13-2012, 04:33 PM
Banned

if you want to save some money just get the test pipe and be done with the exhaust system. most of the restriction in the exhaust is in the catalytic converter. one site quoted 95% of the loss is in there. the APR stage 2 tune is really nice. no it won't cause problems but it might void your warranty if the dealer finds out. if you get the stage 1 they won't know. i had stage 1 while under warranty. unfortunately, i'd wait until after the warranty is up to do the stage 2 work.

Old 02-14-2012, 08:51 AM
1st Gear

Thanks esandes!

Warranty was a concern, I have been in contact with APR about the stage 1. It will be a very cheap upgrade I can do right away. Thanks again.

Old 02-14-2012, 05:03 PM
Banned

no problem. from what i keep hearing, there's no way the dealer can tell that you have the stage 1 software but i'm sure they can find out if they really wanted to.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:49 AM
1st Gear

did you end up doing anything? i heard that with the b8 models the ecu had to be taken out in order to be flashed and if audi looks at your ecu they can see it was done and if your warranty problem has anything to do with anything related to your engine working hard (gasket leaks, belt issues etc) they can blame it on the flash and not cover you under warranty. buttt i also heard you can get the option to shut off the flash so it wont show up. also with stageII they say you need a highflow cat or testpipe in order to get the gains promised

Old 03-14-2012, 04:52 PM
1st Gear

Aye I have the Stg 2 tune, tbe single exit, cai, and sprint booster.. I love how much of a difference it has made, stock is okay i had fun for the first 5k, Once upgraded she is a beast now.. I've been to the dealership a couple times for problems and just put the ecu back to stock mode, and have had no problems with them..

Old 03-15-2012, 08:43 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for the info!! I am still on the fence about the whole thing. I am terrified that something will go wrong and I'll be stuck with no warranty.

Old 03-15-2012, 09:13 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Titanium A4
Aye I have the Stg 2 tune, tbe single exit, cai, and sprint booster.. I love how much of a difference it has made, stock is okay i had fun for the first 5k, Once upgraded she is a beast now.. I've been to the dealership a couple times for problems and just put the ecu back to stock mode, and have had no problems with them..
what type of problems were you getting? im on the fence about flashing my new car as well. it runs so smoothe now and I dont want to mess anything up. my last one I couldve cared less about, I flashed it and it was fun but I noticed my belts squeeking and who knows what else wouldve happened if I kept it.

Old 03-15-2012, 04:35 PM
1st Gear

I had a misfire in cyl4 they swapped 3 and 4 coils I haven't had a problem since, and that happened in Dec.. Then in Feb I had my blower motor go out, found the regulator was too high, they replaced it, then the morning I was taking my car in I had a problem with my fuel pump, car started for a min then died, got it towed in, and found that fuel pump control module shorted.. They replaced the fuel pump module.. All the work done was covered under my warranty.. I've had the tune for over 10k now, and could not be happier!!

Old 04-20-2012, 04:35 PM
1st Gear

any updates on this?

Quick Reply: New Member (APR Turboback Exhaust Stage 2 tune) info