B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

PIC of the new 2009 Audi A4 2.oT with the S-LINE package

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 09:08 PM
1st Gear
Talking PIC of the new 2009 Audi A4 2.oT with the S-LINE package

Hey everyone. Just thought i would send in a pic of this car as i know at this time they are hard to see in person. After much delibiration I think I have decided to order the 2009 A4 2.0T with the S-LINE package in brillaint black with the black s interior. It will be my first Audi(previous BMW owner. I drove this today after traveling from NY to NJ to a dealership that actually had one with the S-LINE. I have to say i was impressed with the handling, not so much with the power but i am hoping a chip upgrade will solve that problem. I am trying to decide on wether or not to get the 6 speed or stay with the manual? any thoughts on which to go with and what you think of the car would be appreciated. Thanks and Happy New Year.

Attached Thumbnails PIC of the new 2009 Audi A4 2.oT with the S-LINE package-1230081238.jpg  
Old 01-05-2009, 07:52 AM
mkc
1st Gear

Make sure you get the 19 inch wheels as shown on your photo. This is mine with the standard 18 inch wheels in the UK. The 19 inch look like the RS wheels and look great on the new A4. Ensure you ask for the 30mm S Line drop too, it comes with 20mm Sport drop as standard on the S Line.

Name:  a4.jpg
Views: 1860
Size:  97.3 KB

Old 01-05-2009, 05:55 PM
1st Gear
Thumbs up

hey MKC. just checked out your ride, have to say....i am even more excited to get mine now. your car looks great. I called my dealer right after i read your post about the 30mm drop, he hasnt heard of it but says he will ask the manager in the morning. are you in the U.S. or in europe? maybe the options are different?

Old 01-06-2009, 12:11 AM
1st Gear

I love the prestige's wheels do they sell those?

Old 01-06-2009, 12:43 AM
1st Gear

not sure if you can buy them otside of ordering the car although nowadays you can find anything on sale somewhere. the pic doesnt do the S-LINE package justice. it looks much more aggresive in person, those are 19 in wheels wth very wide tires on them. also the interior of the s line is sweet. it has suede in the seats and doors. I do know that on 2009 models you can order the 19 in s line wheels as a standalone option with the prestige package for 1500 as compared to 2500 for the full prestige package, for an extra 1000 though it is well worth the full s-line

Old 01-06-2009, 03:56 AM
mkc
1st Gear

Ill try and clarify the 30mm vs 20mm drop issue. In the UK and Europe the S Line is supplied with what Audi call "Sport" Suspension. This is a firmer ride than the basic spec and lowered by 20mm. However, if you read the small print of the UK brochure at least, you can specify a 30mm "S Line" drop, with firmer suspension and the extra 10mm drop. This is a free request. However, according to some early owners and potential buyers in the UK Audi removed the 30mm drop on people who wanted the 19inch wheels. So you can only get it on the 18inch wheel. The reason is due to possible rubbing on the back wheels IF you tow something...................... Ive got the 30 drop and 18inch wheels. Other free options include silver or Piano Black inlays/bit around the gearshift and silver or black stitching to the seats and steering wheel/floormats. Ive gone for black all round. I have photo below of the black inlays, they are so shiney, they look like glass at the moment! You will also get suede/alcantara door inlays and seats. We get cloth in the doors and cloth on the half leather seats. I think the US market demand certain things by default, we have to pay extra for those little things even tho we have paid £2.5K ($5K?) on the S Line pack!
Page 12 of the UK brochure below
Name:  sline.jpg
Views: 1267
Size:  39.2 KB
Name:  04.jpg
Views: 1289
Size:  115.2 KB

Last edited by mkc; 01-06-2009 at 04:12 AM.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:38 AM
1st Gear

Thanks MKC. i am going to look into it further but it seems like the 30mm is only available in europe. The S-LINE package in the U.S. includes
19" wheels(with high performance tires)
sport steering wheel with shift paddles(for tiptronic models)
S-LINE bad and contrast stitching on steering wheel
Sport seat with S-LINE leather/alcantara upholstery(like suede) and lumbar for both front seats
Sport suspension
S-LINE front and rear bumpers and sidemoldings
S-LINE badges on fenders, steering wheel and door sills
brushed aluminum trim from quattro GmbH, and sline interior

Old 01-06-2009, 09:20 AM
1st Gear

mkc. just spoke with the dealer and audi customer support, the 20mm drop is on the sport model which you can upgrade to the 30mm if you choose. If you are ordering the S-LINE package the car is already set at 30mm...so it looks like i will be getting the 30mm drop with my s-line package

Old 01-06-2009, 10:02 AM
mkc
1st Gear

Ah, thats good news. Odd that they will let you have the 19inch wheels with 30mm drop when we could not. Weird marketing by Audi regarding various standard, sport and S Line specs acorss the globe. I guess the US market expects more for the money where as we get stripped out version at probably a more expensive price and then have to pay again for the bits you get as standard then VAT on top of that..........glad you got that sorted anyway. Its a long wait but worth it!

Old 01-06-2009, 02:45 PM
1st Gear

yea, the wait is going to be grueling. I chose to get the 6 speed manual which was just recently made available here in the U.S. so i think i have a little bit longer of a wait. I am having a chip installed in the car as soon as it arrives. do you have one in your car or have any suggestions in that area

Quick Reply: PIC of the new 2009 Audi A4 2.oT with the S-LINE package