B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

How to identify trim packages?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 03:42 PM
1st Gear
Default How to identify trim packages?

I'm going this afternoon to purchase a 2009 A4 2.0T Convertible. It has the S-Line badges and the nav system but other than that, what should I look for to determine whether it's got the S-Line package or just badges? What about the trim level other than S-Line? I've asked the Google and haven't found anything conclusive.

FYI, this is my 2nd A4. In 2006 (I think) I had a 2003 A4 1.8T that I loved but the kids complained that the back seat was too small. Now that the kids drive, they can stay out of my back seat if they don't like it. :-)

Old 11-08-2015, 12:36 AM
2nd Gear

Tough one. The s-line doesn't have many obvious features that can be easily found by simply looking at it without comparison. If you have the regular A4 and the s-line A4 right next to each other you should be able to tell by the following:
* Suspension is a tad lower and stiffer
* Slightly upgraded leather seats
* Slightly different / more aggressive bumper (front and rear)
* S-line badges everywhere (in the bumper grille, on the silver trim piece when you open the door and on the rear door side)
* Newer models have a different steering wheel or even have the s-line logo attached to the steering wheel
* Upgraded wheels (if stock would 17", you should at least see 18" premium alloys on the s-line)

I hope this helps but an unskilled eye might have trouble seeing all these s-line upgrades right away (I have one and without the badges couldn't tell the difference either by looking at it!)

Old 11-08-2015, 06:13 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by sheldon
Tough one. The s-line doesn't have many obvious features that can be easily found by simply looking at it without comparison. If you have the regular A4 and the s-line A4 right next to each other you should be able to tell by the following:
* Suspension is a tad lower and stiffer
* Slightly upgraded leather seats
* Slightly different / more aggressive bumper (front and rear)
* S-line badges everywhere (in the bumper grille, on the silver trim piece when you open the door and on the rear door side)
* Newer models have a different steering wheel or even have the s-line logo attached to the steering wheel
* Upgraded wheels (if stock would 17", you should at least see 18" premium alloys on the s-line)

I hope this helps but an unskilled eye might have trouble seeing all these s-line upgrades right away (I have one and without the badges couldn't tell the difference either by looking at it!)
I will definitely look closer at those areas. I have s line badges front and rear but I don't think the door sills have them.

Old 11-08-2015, 11:09 AM
2nd Gear

And since Audi is not that consistent I wouldn't bet my life on it that it should have it for that year/model

Old 11-09-2015, 03:45 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by TBarCYa
I will definitely look closer at those areas. I have s line badges front and rear but I don't think the door sills have them.
OK, so it seems like I do have the s-line package but I'm thinking that the door sills don't have the logo because it's a convertible perhaps? Everything else seems legit... Almost.

I have the RNS-E Bose system which I thought died with the b7. I've also read while searching about the radio that the convertible (cabriolet?) are grouped from 01-09 rather than following the non convertible generations. Anyone know for sure if this is true?

Old 11-09-2015, 05:08 PM
2nd Gear

I'm not sure about the specific Bose systems and their years but I've seen the 2010 come with Bose systems for sale.

Anyhow the generation depends on where you look at. The American market is usually 1 year behind the European market from what I've seen. So when you see that 2009 models are all b7 - I wouldn't count on it. There are 2009 models that are already b8. However I have no information that I can link to that specifies what the Cabrio model version goes by other than what wikipedia shows

Old 03-01-2019, 06:27 PM
1st Gear

Trying to confirm the different trim levels on a 2009 A4 B8 that I recently purchased. I'm pretty sure it has the sport package (rims, steering wheel, seats, chrome trim around the windows). It appears it also has the prestige package - keyless engine start, multi-disc cd changer, drivers seat memory, rain sensor wipers, can't remember what else falls under the trim. Advanced key entry doesn't work (trying to figure out why - could be sensors, could be battery needs to be charged up more, or needs a new battery). Does the info provided confirm for sure that the car has both the sport package and the prestige package? I'm basically trying to confirm if in fact the car should have Advanced keyless entry whereby the remote just needs to be within proximity and a pull on the handle unlocks the doors. Any help is appreciated, thanks!