B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

APR Audi A4 (B8) 2.0 TFSI Valve-Lift ECU Upgrade Released!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 06:19 PM
1st Gear
Default APR Audi A4 (B8) 2.0 TFSI Valve-Lift ECU Upgrade Released!

Product Page

APR is pleased to present the ultimate ECU Upgrade for the 2.0 TFSI Valve Lift engine. After months of long nights
and many hours of testing, development and more testing, we are pleased to offer you an ECU recalibration that is
second to none. APR's extensive research and development provides you with a powerful ECU Upgrade with no loss of
drivability or reliability. Expect huge increases in low-end torque, improved throttle response and a smoother, more
powerful top end.

The APR 2.0 TFSI Valve Lift ECU Upgrade is an expertly recalibrated engine control strategy that remaps the boost
pressure, timing and air fuel ratios to provide smooth and reliable power as if intended by the OEM. APR's ECU
Upgrade is developed to work within the OEM and Tier 1 Supplier specifications for engine component stress
tolerances and performance specifications. APR's ECU Upgrades are available in octane specific versions to allow you
to take full advantage of the fuel quality available in your area. APR's patented EMCS functionality puts the control of
the engine's operation at your finger tips and allows for additional features and options to be installed to your OEM
ECU.

Not only does our Stage I ECU Upgrade give you higher peak numbers of 234 horsepower and 333lb-ft. of torque, but
also gains of up to 40 horsepower and 71lb-ft are available throughout the power band! APR's ECU Upgrade is the
best power per dollar modification for the new 2.0 TFSI Valve Lift and gives it just the extra edge these cars lack from
the factory without pushing the limits. With factory like smoothness and drivability APR's ECU Upgrade will fill the void
in an otherwise excellent car..

APR Stage I ECU Upgrade vs Stock - 100 Octane Dyno Performance

APR Stage I ECU Upgrade vs Stock - 93 Octane Dyno Performance

APR Stage I ECU Upgrade vs Stock - 91 Octane Dyno Performance

NOTE Do not be fooled by claims from lesser tuners, a transmission reflash IS NOT Required to achieve the advertised power claims with an APR ECU Upgrade.

APR Stage I ECU Upgrade Calibration Report

Rev Limit (RPM)
Stock - 6800 RPM
APR Stage I 91 Octane - 6800 RPM
APR Stage I 93 Octane - 6800 RPM
APR Stage I 100 Octane - 6800 RPM

Speed Limit (MPH)
Stock - 130 MPH
APR Stage I 91 Octane - Unlimited
APR Stage I 93 Octane - Unlimited
APR Stage I 100 Octane - Unlimited

Power (HP)
Stock - 212 HP
APR Stage I 91 Octane - 229 HP
APR Stage I 93 Octane - 234 HP
APR Stage I 100 Octane - 268 HP

Torque (LB-FT)
Stock - 260 TQ
APR Stage I 91 Octane - 323 TQ
APR Stage I 93 Octane - 333 TQ
APR Stage I 100 Octane - 338 TQ

Peak Gain from Stock (HP@RPM)
APR Stage I 91 Octane - 35 HP @ 5500 RPM
APR Stage I 93 Octane - 40 HP @ 5500 RPM
APR Stage I 100 Octane - 62 HP @ 5500 RPM

Peak Gain from Stock (TQ@RPM)
APR Stage I 91 Octane - 64 TQ @ 2250 RPM
APR Stage I 93 Octane - 74 TQ @ 2250 RPM
APR Stage I 100 Octane - 78 TQ @ 2500 RPM

Available for the following Vehicles:
2009+ B8 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI.
Quattro or FrontTrak
Tiptronic or 6-Manual
Compatible with Driveselect

Price:
$599
FREE TRIAL SOFTWARE!

*SPECIAL INTRODUCTRY PRICING - Until June 20th, 2009 all customers will be upgraded to a fully loaded ECU
Upgrade for FREE. A fully loaded ECU Upgrade includes all of the EMCS options listed below.

Program Switching Technology
For a total of 2 programs (i.e. - Stock and Chipped) Normally: $149 Special: FREE!
For a total of 3 programs Normally: $219 Special: FREE!
For a total of 4 programs Normally: $289 Special: FREE!

Other Available Options
Security Lockout Normally: $59 Special: FREE!
Fault Code Erase/Throttle Body Alignment (FCE/TBA) Normally: $59 Special: FREE!
Anti-Theft System Normally: $199 Special: FREE!

EMCS

EMCS is APR's revolutionary patented Enhanced Modular Chipping System. EMCS is an industry leading technology
that brings many new features to the automotive enthusiast. This technology was developed exclusively by Audi
Performance & Racing, LLC and demonstrates APR's continued commitment to lead the industry with the most
technologically advanced products available.

Want chipped mode? Want to be able to switch back to your stock settings? Want a race mode to run 100 octane fuel
at the track? How about a valet mode that limits power? EMCS is the lone technology on the market that can give you
all of these options. No changing of the chip or ECU is required. These programs are available at the touch of a button.

Other companies have attempted to imitate EMCS with clumsy external switching devices that only replace portions of
a "base" calibration. EMCS is still the only Bosch Motronic Engine Management System enhancement that gives the
ECU the ability to completely rewrite the entire operating map data when selecting different programming options.
This allows for completely new and independent calibrations for each program selected giving you the best, most
powerful and complete Stock Modes, 91, 93 and 100 octane Performance Modes and Valet Modes.

APR's EMCS features and program modes are activated via your OEM cruise control buttons for ease of use and
stealth. Your cruise control will continue to function as normal, but will give you the ability to scroll through the
programs you have purchased with your APR ECU Upgrade. The procedure is simple and involves only two steps.

How EMCS Works
Step 1

Press and hold the "set" button on your cruise control. After approximately five seconds, the "check engine" light on
your dash will begin to blink once per second. This will tell you that you are activating program one. This blinking
sequence will continue for approximately five seconds.

After this five second interval, the "check engine" light will begin blinking twice per second. This will indicate that you
have activated the second program. This process is continued to access any remaining programs you may have
purchased. (three blinks = program three, four blinks = program four).''

Step 2

Once you have activated the desired program, simply release the "set" button. The "check engine" light will stop
flashing. Turn the ignition key off for 10 seconds, turn the key back on, and you will be locked in that program until
you change it again.

It's that simple.

Available Features

APR's EMCS is a truly modular system that allows for future enhancements and features to be added as they are
developed without the need for additional hardware. EMCS makes the following advanced features possible:

* Program Switching Enables you to swap between two or more engine programs using the cruise control
stalk. All cars have stock and standard chipped program versions available. Valet, race-gas, and other specialty
programs are available for most models.

* Fault Code Erase/Throttle Body Alignment (FCE/TBA) Fault Code Erase allows you to erase and reset
engine related trouble codes without having to use a specialty tool. Throttle Body Alignment allows you to manually
perform throttle-body adaptation.

* Security Lockout Prevents unauthorized personnel from accessing EMCS functions. The user may select
any 2 to 4 digit security code. The security code is entered using the cruise control buttons.

* Anti-Theft You can render your car immobile to thieves, even if there is an attempt to start the car with
your own key! For more information about Anti-Theft, click here.

Installation Options

APR's ECU Upgrade is able to be installed by APR's professional dealer network or by APR directly. Most late model
applications are available to be installed via DirectPort programming without removing your ECU or even opening the
hood. DirectPort Programming is not available for all models and in these rare cases EMCS Modules are able to be
soldered to the ECU. In the event there is not an APR dealer near, you also
have the option to remove your ECU and send it to APR Headquarters for installation.

DirectPort Programming

DirectPort Programming is another industry first brought to you by APR. DirectPort Programming is also referred to as
"flashing" the ECU with the new operating software contained in APR's ECU Upgrade. No more soldering additional
hardware to expensive and delicate factory electronics. DirectPort Programming facilitates ease of installation and
offers new features to give you even more flexibility with your OEM ECU. DirectPort Programming is only available by
bringing your car to an APR dealer or by mailing your ECU to APR directly.

Demonstration Software

All APR ECU Upgrades installed via Directport Programming are eligible for a 6 hour free trial. This means you can
experience the performance of the APR ECU Upgrade for your vehicle at no cost to you for 6 hours of driving time! To
receive a free trial, please inquire with your APR Dealer of choice.

How to Purchase

APR provides two easy and painless methods to purchase your ECU Upgrade. You may visit any APR Dealer
for local installation while you wait or you can remove your ECU and send it directly to APR Headquarters for
installation. Typically your ECU is returned the same day we receive it. For ECU removal instructions see our Customer
Support page.

If you're sending your ECU in to us, please print out and complete the order form below. Be sure to indicate which
programs you would like to purchase, as well as the other information requested. For information on the program
options, see above under the EMCS heading.

APR ECU Modification Order Form (119K pdf)

Security, Warranty and Money Back Guarantee

All APR ECU Upgrades are fully encrypted to prevent theft of our valuable and proprietary coding information by lesser
companies and to provide protection to our clients by keeping the upgrade undetectable to a dealership's VAG
diagnostic tool.

All APR ECU Upgrades include a limited lifetime warranty against defects in the software and to provide free updates
and reflashes as they become available. Installation may be additional and is not included in the warranty.

All APR ECU Upgrades offer a 30 day money back guarantee with no questions asked. If for any reason you are
unhappy with your APR ECU Upgrade you may return the upgrade to your place of purchase for a full refund provided
you are within a 30 day period from your time of initial purchase. Installation is not included in the guarantee and is
at the discretion of the place of install.

Video
Video Here

APR B8 A4 Wallpapers
Each wallpaper is a high resolution 1920x1200 image. Click on the photo to get the full size image!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/goapr/3463328127/sizes/o/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/goapr/3466653060/sizes/o/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/goapr/3468774470/sizes/o/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/goapr/3480569920/sizes/o/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/goapr/3479760443/sizes/o/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/goapr/3480569764/sizes/o/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/goapr/3479760513/sizes/o/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/goapr/3479760771/sizes/o/