B9 Models Please discuss all 2015+ B9 A4 topics here

Brake problem in wet conditions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2019, 05:10 PM
1st Gear
Question Brake problem in wet conditions?

Hey folks. I am starting the hunt for a replacement for my X5 and the latest allroad is a serious contender. There is one stumbling block that I'm having a hard time getting past, and that is some reports I have seen about bad brake performance in very wet conditions. It is mentioned in the Autogefühl review on YouTube and confirmed by others in the comments.

Basically, it sounds like if you get on the brakes after 10-20km driving in wet conditions (think cruising on the freeway, no brake usage), the brakes will at first be very ineffective and the car will tend to drift left. Thereafter the brakes will start to work as expected, until after another lengthy period of driving in the wet with no brake use.

e.g. here are some comments from an owner under the Autogefühl review:

"it happened to me on very rainy conditions 10-20kms without braking, lane assist off ,than when I pressed the pedal nearly nothing happened and the car was going left... than it became normal again, i am now affraid to drive on very wet conditions otherwise in dry conditions the brake are perfect..."

Thomas confirmed this behavior in his review so it does not sound like scaremongering.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Known issue? Fixed?

Thanks a lot!

Old 01-17-2019, 12:22 AM
1st Gear

2017 Audi A4 Quattro Excellent Car!

I own one of these, with the Tech and stereo packages. Basically, nothing in the one-star review has matched my experience with the car. The lag when accelerating is an "engine off when stopped" function that can be turned off. The AC can be turned down to near zero. Doors open by touch when you have the key. There are blind spot warnings on the two side mirrors.

Old 01-07-2022, 07:34 AM
1st Gear

Hello BrendanH,
Am in same boat as you. I am considering to buy this Car but did you get any solid lead?
have you decided to buy or drop the idea?
I thank you in advance

Regards
Shiv