Audi reneges on warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 04:04 PM
Default Audi reneges on warranty?

Audi reneges on warranty?

I am looking for others who might be having the same problem I am. I put my A6 in for the 30,000 mile warranty service and told them about the pulsing as I slowed. They diagnosed it as rotors and then told me it was a new directive from Audi that this would not be a warranty issue I would have to pay for the repairs. Since my 2003 A6 4.2 was supposed to have a 4 year 50,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty and I have that in writing in the book along with the US marketing warranty that states they will cover even some expendables like brake pads, rotors and windshield wipers I was not happy. It is one of the main reasons that I bought the car. I have the directive now and it tells Audi dealers that if there is evidence of bluing or out of true then the rotors have gotten too hot and are out of warranty spec. They are trying to put it under miss use and/or negligence. Of course I guess that means they want me to hit the car in front of me so it's an insurance claim instead. I'm not sure how I am supposed to tell when I have overused the brakes and can't drive anymore.

So is anyone else having problems with Audi honoring their promises?

Old 08-09-2005, 12:40 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Audi reneges on warranty?

Audi will completely cover any item under their 4/50,000 scheduled maintenance program, upto model year 2005.5. New B7 is included.

Old 08-10-2005, 03:37 AM

So are you from Audi because I can scan in the bulletin that says your wrong. And I can also tell you that they are definitively not doing that for me. I have 30,000 miles and 2.5 years on my A6. They have said I must pay for the rotors. So if you are from Audi then I want to know how to get you in touch with my dealer, if you are not then I'm tell'n you your fooled by the paperwork you recieved and possibly previous visits.

Old 08-10-2005, 01:17 PM
1st Gear

Does the warranty say they can change anything they feel like with a bulletin? Do you have a copy of the bulletin accessible - I would like to check that out...

Old 08-10-2005, 04:38 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: billpennock

So are you from Audi because I can scan in the bulletin that says your wrong. And I can also tell you that they are definitively not doing that for me. I have 30,000 miles and 2.5 years on my A6. They have said I must pay for the rotors. So if you are from Audi then I want to know how to get you in touch with my dealer, if you are not then I'm tell'n you your fooled by the paperwork you recieved and possibly previous visits.
Your dealership is being an *** and giving you the run around.

Up to MY2005.5, including the new B7, Audi's standard 4/50,000 Scheduled Maintenance Program stands as is. Including the one complete set of brakes per program rule.

For MY2006 and beyond, they are removing the WEAR AND TEAR ITEMS from that program. Scheduled maintenance still aplies as normal, but you will not get free replacement wear and tear items. Regarding the brake replacement, Audi states that they have not only increased the size of the rotors but "engineering improvements" mean that a brake kit should now last past 50,000 miles making the program ineffectual?

Find a new dealer, my Audi dealer rocks.

Old 10-11-2005, 04:34 AM
4th Gear

yeah if it not on paper, I would stick them to it or go to the news, they seem to have more leverage these days.

Old 10-28-2005, 11:25 PM
1st Gear

That would suck if they don't do that for those of us with 06's...

BMW does.....

Having said that, Quattro...who is that girl?????? OMG!!!!!!!

Old 11-02-2005, 06:06 PM

Funny, I have the same brake issue going on right now.. was always under the assumption that brakes/rotors were covered. My Brake light indicator has not even come on and my dealer in Chicago is telling me that the rotors are shot?? How can the rotors go before the Pads? I went to the audi site to try to pull a copy of the warranty and funny thing, after searching for 5 minutes, the web page that was to have the warranty came up as "page unavailable"... Unreal... dumping this POS before 50k miles for sure.. costs too much to keep up.

Old 11-06-2005, 12:29 AM
3rd Gear

Were your rotors actually blue? The A6's with the single piston calipers were underbraked from the factory. They never should have been released. Now its come back to bite them in the *** and theyre trying to get away without paying. Very few of the warped rotors ive seen are actually blue. Maybe just starting to blue but hardly able to be considered blue. Im starting to smell another class action lawsuit with this one, just like the timing belts.

Old 11-06-2005, 02:32 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: johnnycome

Funny, I have the same brake issue going on right now.. was always under the assumption that brakes/rotors were covered. My Brake light indicator has not even come on and my dealer in Chicago is telling me that the rotors are shot?? How can the rotors go before the Pads? I went to the audi site to try to pull a copy of the warranty and funny thing, after searching for 5 minutes, the web page that was to have the warranty came up as "page unavailable"... Unreal... dumping this POS before 50k miles for sure.. costs too much to keep up.
What model and yr do you have?

Quick Reply: Audi reneges on warranty?